Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Hello All,

I'd like to start a poll to determine dates and times that are best for everyone to come to the beach for a visit! I am hoping that several of our friends from CM Phoenix and new friends can make it! I will start looking at places to stay... I am thinking that availability will be best if we do this in September or October, but if that is not good, we can do the summer also. One event will definitely be a beach bonfire... other events I have some ideas and will post them later this week. If people want to go to LA, it is only an hour away, but there is a lot to do here too, and I know that the time goes by quickly when we are having fun! If you are interested, please let me know. More to follow!!! Janet

May 21 new
I have a fairly open schedule at this point. The 2nd and 4th weekends are better because of my custody arrangement. If you want help planning something I'd be willing to help.

If you want to have a bonfire, plan it quickly as it looks like they are trying to ban the fire pits sad
May 21 new
Sounds great! We may have to go to Huntington Beach or Bolsa Chica for it, as they may be gone soon in Newport... it all depends on the Coastal Commission. Also, I understand that AQMD wants to ban them everywhere in the state... so sad as they are such fun! Anyhow, I think we can get it in if we do it this year.

Looking forward to meeting you!!!
May 21 new
I suggested it in Bernadette's post about a SoCal meet-up, but the new Christ Cathedral (formally the Crystal Cathedral) will start having mass in June. (The renovations will not be done until 2015) Just a thought to throw out there.
May 21 new
wave hug Whenever, whatever...I can't wait! hug
May 24 new
Hi Bev... great to see you! I am going to spend some time this weekend gathering some ideas for fun places and see what people might like to do... more to follow soon! Janet
May 24 new
(quote) Janet-62904 said: Hello All, I'd like to start a poll to determine dates and times that are best for everyone to come to the beach for a visit! I am hoping that several of our friends from CM Phoenix and new friends can make it! I will start looking at places to stay... I am thinking that availability will be best if we do this in September or October, but if that is not good, we can do the summer also. One event will definitely be a beach bonfire... other events I have some ideas and will post them later this week. If people want to go to LA, it is only an hour away, but there is a lot to do here too, and I know that the time goes by quickly when we are having fun! If you are interested, please let me know. More to follow!!! Janet
Yay! Just saw this thread. Sounds like fun! Will have to check when I'd be able to come out there, but I'd sure love to!
May 24 new
(quote) Janet-62904 said: Hello All, I'd like to start a poll to determine dates and times that are best for everyone to come to the beach for a visit! I am hoping that several of our friends from CM Phoenix and new friends can make it! I will start looking at places to stay... I am thinking that availability will be best if we do this in September or October, but if that is not good, we can do the summer also. One event will definitely be a beach bonfire... other events I have some ideas and will post them later this week. If people want to go to LA, it is only an hour away, but there is a lot to do here too, and I know that the time goes by quickly when we are having fun! If you are interested, please let me know. More to follow!!! Janet
Hi Janet! Sign me up. It would be fun to meet my new CM friends in person. I'm in Anaheim caring for my mom; so, of course, it would be dependent upon her situation. Nonetheless, I'll make every effort to be there! Chelle
May 25 new
Hi Chelle,

I am going to keep you and your Mother in my prayers... and if you can make it, even to one event, that would be great as we would all love to meet you too. I took care of my Mother also... and those memories will remain in my heart forever...

More details will follow soon... I hope you can make it!

What about timeframes for you??? What is best?

Janet
May 25 new
Hi Janet! Thank you for your kind words regarding my mother. I wouldn't trade this time for the world.

Generally speaking, mid-afternoon is always best on any day of the week. If I have advanced notice, I can accommodate Mom's schedule. I can also request hospice volunteers, and I have a caregiver who will stay with her at night.

Please don't try to take our caregiving into consideration, though. I would rather work around all of you, especially since I may need to change plans at the last minute.

I'll try to make it, if possible. If not, maybe another time. Again, I appreciate your thoughtfulness! Chelle
Posts 1 - 10 of 102