Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 26th 2013 new
Mike, I visited Knott's Berry Farm just a couple of years ago, and even though I didn't do many rides, it was a fun place to be!
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Mike, I visited Knott's Berry Farm just a couple of years ago, and even though I didn't do many rides, it was a fun place to be!
Boysenberry milkshakes and a cool steam train!
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Boysenberry milkshakes and a cool steam train!
Okaaaaaaayyyy....but I don't associate either with KBF. boggled
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Okaaaaaaayyyy....but I don't associate either with KBF.
The boysenberry was invented there, hence Knotts BERRY farm, and the steam engine is the highlight of the old west town amusement park ... Unless you are partial to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell replica. RIcky Nelson performed when I was there in '75
May 26th 2013 new
Don't hold your breath to see him there again.... sad
May 26th 2013 new
Exciting, I'm looking for work in the area (found a possibility in Costa Mesa)! If I'm around, I will try to make it.
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Boysenberry milkshakes and a cool steam train!
:thumbs up: Mike, I wholeheartedly agree about those boysenberry milkshakes! Last time I was there was about 10 years ago. The kids did all the rides, and I just milled around. The gold panning thing was a lot like what is in my back yard, so I skipped it. Still, for the money, the value is spot on, and the lines MUCH shorter than Disneyland.
May 26th 2013 new
I am not much for amusement parks but LOVE the kayaking, volleyball, hiking, and beach activities. I have been to KBF, DL, and 6 Flags WAY too many times for my liking (4 kids & working in the travel industry).
I would like to avoid San Juan Capistrano for Sunday mass as it is more of a "circus" than a contemplative setting.
Even though I said "September is gorgeous" in S. California, realistically it would be MUCH better for me in the summer, like the early/mid July, as I am a school teacher. I understand hotel rates are at their premium at that time but if we go inland a little we might be able to get a good rate, though at the same time I would be willing to pay more to stay on the "beach" (and share a room).
My favorite beaches are Newport and Laguna. Is there any chance we can hit Laguna without it breaking the bank?
I have never been to Catalina Island (kids went for school field trip but Mom has never been sad ) so I would LOVE to go there. Otherwise I have hit most of the suggested destinations when on "family vacations" but that is not to say I wouldn't enjoy going again.
May 27th 2013 new
A casual beach party will valley ball could be fun. At one time we use to have Mass on the beach but I don't think we can do that now.
May 27th 2013 new
Thank you everyone for your feedback... I am taking it all in! Keep posting, while I figure out the hotels... there are so many options for fun events... just remember that if we leave the coast, it quickly becomes 10-15 degrees warmer...
Posts 21 - 30 of 102