Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 02 new
(quote) Leticia-318974 said: I live in the Coachella Valley, not to far for me to travel, and would like to meet up with people from CM. How can I stay informed?
The best way to stay informed is to check back to this site... once I have the weekend locked down, I will post it to the Event's page.... you can also message me to get the latest updates... I hope you can make it!!!

Janet
Jun 02 new
(quote) Matthew-928862 said: Exciting, I'm looking for work in the area (found a possibility in Costa Mesa)! If I'm around, I will try to make it.
Hi Matthew,

If you have any questions about Costa Mesa let me know. I've lived here a long time and would be happy to help! Hope you can make it, it will be fun!

Janet
Jun 02 new
(quote) Janet-62904 said: Hello All,

Here is a quick update... we have found some hotels that are semi reasonable (the summer is HIGH SEASON)... so I want to get your feedback... if we did say a hotel in Irvine, we may get a reasonable rate. If anyone extends their stay beyond the weekend (Friday arrival, Sunday checkout), in the High season, many hotels jack their rates up for the other nights (as we are close to John Wayne airport and there are a lot of business travelers)...

So, please give me feedback... would you rather do this the weekend of August 10th, or 24th? I have a family conflict the weekend of the 18th... or would you rather push it to September or October, where we will find better rates?

Feedback, please...

Also, Debbie, thanks for stepping up for the music around the bonfire... if we have Dan and Yukon John, everyone else will join in! No need for you to pack a guitar, I can borrow my sons guitar, or I have a Ukulele... that I've wanted to learn to play but have not yet...

So... for a loose agenda... how about these ideas...

Friday... Beach Party... we will set up early (and have some umbrellas to avoid constant sun)... and have dinner on the beach around the bonfire... The beaches close at 10... so it will not be too late of a night for any people from different time zones...

Saturday... For the early risers (no pressure for those that want to sleep in)... and not too early...
Beach walk at Crystal Cove (one of my favorite places on the planet)...
Lunch at either the Crystal Cove shopping center (there are several options and outside tables) OR
Lunch at Wilma's on Balboa Island... take the ferry to the peninsula and mosey around the Fun Zone... take a trip to the Wedge (you can't come to Newport and not see The Wedge)

If in Newport... In the afternoon, either kayaking or an outrigger canoe ride (no one should worry about flipping it, as NAC will rig it so it cannot flip)... and BBQ at my house, or we can go to a restaurant... there are too many to mention...

If everyone would rather go to Laguna... ( the next beach town south):
We can mosey around the art galleries, and in the evening, get tickets to the Pageant of the Masters (we can also do this if the day is spent in Newport)... it is kind of a once in a lifetime thing if you have never seen it before...

Lots of options... Groupon always has boat rides, whale watches, etc... the list is endless...

Sunday...

Mass and brunch somewhere... I am leaving this open at this point until I speak with Sr. Barbra about the possibility of a mini retreat (2 hours) and mass following...

After brunch, we could either go to the Mission in San Juan OR tour the new grounds of the Christ Cathedral in Orange.

If you come in early, or leave late... we can fit in other things like the amusement parks... the list of things to do is endless... but you have to put a stake in the ground and start somewhere..

YOUR THOUGHTS ARE APPRECIATED... ALSO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON GETTING A ROOM SO I CAN SEE IF WE HAVE ENOUGH ROOMS FOR A GROUP RATE...

More to follow once I hear from you... PLEASE MESSAGE ME if you are planning on attending...

Thanks, and Debbie... as long as you know how to play, 'Oh my darling, Clementine', I think we are in good shape... John/Dan... please let us know what other songs you know... LOL...

Can hardly wait...

Janet

Sounds fun and relaxing, Janet! Nice work!
Andy's school starts Aug 13, and the week prior he is working at the school each day.
Just sayin'.... I'll have to see how this'd all work out for me. hug
Jun 02 new
Sept or early Oct would be a good time. The weather is still great and the children are back in school so the crowds are down. I work at Disneyland and it is a slow time.
I would like to see more Orange county people to get interested.
Jun 02 new
Personally, I would prefer when the rates go down & the crowds may be smaller because of kids being back in school. If I were to come, I would need a hotel room. Hope I can share with one of the ladies here.

Lots of good ideas.
Jun 02 new
School starts the second week in August here so both of the August weekends will not work for me. It would need to be the middle of July or sooner or October "break" (second week in October). August isn't good for teachers.
Jun 02 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: School starts the second week in August here so both of the August weekends will not work for me. It would need to be the middle of July or sooner or October "break" (second week in October). August isn't good for teachers.
okay. but I am also a teacher and school doesn't start in Michigan until after Labor Day in September. So August would work for me.

I'm interested and would actually prefer sometime in August. I'm hoping to make a trip out to Portland, OR around 17 August and if the CA trip is before or after I'll fly down for it.

Thanks for doing this Janet! Looking forward to seeing you again. hug
Jun 03 new
The August 10th date is the only one that works for me... Looks like it's going to be quite the toss up. God's Holy Will is going to make it all just right! *smile* Thanks for all of the work you're doing Janet, & for creating such an enticing itinerary. *applause*

BTW.... Katie says hi! wave
Jun 04 new
I am up for Aug. 10th weekend as my father's birthday is the second weekend. I will most likely just stay at my parents home in Orange so I would not need a place to stay. I can't get Friday off but will meet up on Sat with you.
I have been sending out local messages from LA to OC but I see that non have posted that they are coming as of yet.
I do know that I might have a cook for barbaque on Saturday he is on CM but has not posted yet.
Jun 05 new
Hi Janet,

Thanks for all your work researching motels and for the itinerary thoughts. It all sounds great and I'm open to just about any weekend. I would need a motel room probably for Thursday through at least Saturday night and maybe Sunday depending on whether or not others were staying Sunday evening as well. I'm open to sharing my room if one of the other guys needed to share. All of the activities sound wonderful to me, anything the group decides on is great with me. I will say this though. I'm not singin without my buddy Yukon John to lead me.

Posts 41 - 50 of 102