Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 5th 2013 new
Awwww.... Just got the disappointing news that my family has to cancel their planned family reunion in Whittier. I'm so sad I won't get to meet ya all.... and just when I got to the point of banishing my shy self and was actually looking forward to playing & singing with everybody... *sigh*... So please don't count my Aug. 10th vote, & know that I'll be keeping the whole affair in prayer. (Will be singing campfire songs from a distance too...*smile*) Thanks so much for welcoming me, & may God's mighty hand guide you all... rose rose rose
Jun 8th 2013 new
Sorry I've been out of touch this week... I was working out of our San Francisco office... I plan on locking in a hotel this next week or next, which will also mean locking in a firm date so people can make plans. I'll probably take a vacation day so check back for more details. Once I have the date, I will also post it to the Events page.
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Janet-62904 said: Sorry I've been out of touch this week... I was working out of our San Francisco office... I plan on locking in a hotel this next week or next, which will also mean locking in a firm date so people can make plans. I'll probably take a vacation day so check back for more details. Once I have the date, I will also post it to the Events page.
eyepopping What??? You were in San Francisco and didn't call me to meet you for dinner? Boy--you must have really been working hard... I miss you!

Let me kinow the exact dates for this so I can get the parent sitter set up! wink
Jun 12th 2013 new
What was I thinking Bev... I was thinking you were a few hours from there! The next time I am up there I am calling you!!! I'm going to try to take Friday off so I can line up the hotel... i am looking forward to spend time with our CM friends again!
Jun 15th 2013 new
Okay everyone... check back soon for some more information.. It looks like the dates will be the weekend of August 24th... As far as hotels... I am checking out one more today... then will post the options. One I found is about 10 minutes from the beach, 5 minutes from South Coast Plaza, 5 minutes from the airport, and 5 minutes from my house... and only $109/night + taxes... and it includes breakfast, airport transfers, internet, and parking. I know people that have stayed there and they like it alot. All rooms have a King bed and a fold out couch (not huge rooms, but nice rooms)... also, there are two pools and jacuzzi's). The other's I am checking out are a little higher in price, but are closer to the beach. Some area hotels cater to business travelers, so although they have a great weekend rate, if anyone wants to spend a few more days, the prices go way up (therefore I am not going to consider those as options). I will post the links soon... Hope everyone can make it... it's going to be fun!! Janet
Jun 15th 2013 new
fluffy cloud fluffy cloud fluffy THANKS so much Janet!! Wherever we are we will have a great time!! I could even sleep in my car or on somebodies couch and have a great time. I am a gal from the 70's; a hippy at heart so wherever I am (as long as there aren't any biting varmits and I am warm/dry) I am happy. I can hardly wait for the coolness of the ocean breeze as it is over 110 degrees here today.
Jun 15th 2013 new
wave tongue hug hug Yay, Janet! clap Bow I'm reserving the dates!

Good work! thumbsup
Jun 15th 2013 new
Janet, sounds good so far. Do you have any suggestions about how we could network in regard to carpooling from the San Diego area and to sharing a hotel room?
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Janet, sounds good so far. Do you have any suggestions about how we could network in regard to carpooling from the San Diego area and to sharing a hotel room?
Carol,

Look into the train. It would take you to Irvine and I'd be willing to pick you up. I took the train to SD for business a few years back and it was quite reasonable.
Jun 15th 2013 new
Thanks Janet, I appreciate all you're doing to get us organized!

The end of August will be a perfect time to come to the beach. We who live in the desert areas of AZ will be very tired of the heat by then and a break will be much needed. Thank you again for all you're doing for us!

Dan
Posts 51 - 60 of 102