Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 16th 2013 new
Hi Janet, Im interested to attend and meet some of you nice friendly CMers there. If the CM Meet up is on the weekend of Aug 24th, then it will be 2 days (Sat & Sun) only? Is there already a fix plan for fun events to do on those days? If it's not yet too late, may I suggest that maybe we can also go to Medieval Times in Buena Park as another option? BTW, it's just a suggestion. *** Lea ***
Jun 16th 2013 new
Janet, I appreciate all your efforts in organizing this event. God bless you. Are we still gonna have a luau or a bbq party? Maybe I can also help you on those. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
Jun 16th 2013 new
Hi Lea, Great news that this weekend will work for you. I have a lot of plans in mind and will be posting the options for Saturday night soon. Friday we will be doing the beach party. Saturday will either be the luao or Laguna Beach and the Pageant of the Masters. That night is a special night where there is also a concert... it would be really fun. More to follow probably today/tonight. Looking forward to meeting you soon! Janet
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said: Carol,

Look into the train. It would take you to Irvine and I'd be willing to pick you up. I took the train to SD for business a few years back and it was quite reasonable.
Thanks, Kate, I would appreciate that. I'll get the info & get back to you.
Jun 16th 2013 new
Sound great. I will be joining you for part of the weekend but my dad's birthday is on one of the day.
Jun 17th 2013 new
I can't wait to meet everyone!
Jun 17th 2013 new
If we can, my 16-yr-old son and I will be there!
Jun 21st 2013 new
The thought seed is now starting to blossom into a plant... and when that happens, it means it will be on the Events Page soon... the event hotel is booked... there are so many fun things to do that I am having a hard time trying to decide... It is all good, and I look forward to seeing everyone soon... check back on the Events Page this weekend... God Bless, Janet
Jun 28th 2013 new
Okay... I promise this is going on the events page this weekend... The one thing I am trying to figure out is how we can block the seats to The Festival of the Arts, Pageant of the Masters, and if we should go on Friday night (no concert so seats start at $20/each or Saturday night, where there is also a concert in the Garden area of the Arts Festival (concert included in seat price, prices start at $40).... Other than that... I have things pretty well set. If you want to start booking your rooms, the event hotel will be: Ayres Hotel, 325 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 714.549.0300 (please ask for the Catholic Match group rate ($109/night plus taxes). I will get it all posted to the events page tonight... please message me if you are planning on attending.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Janet-62904 said: Okay... I promise this is going on the events page this weekend... The one thing I am trying to figure out is how we can block the seats to The Festival of the Arts, Pageant of the Masters, and if we should go on Friday night (no concert so seats start at $20/each or Saturday night, where there is also a concert in the Garden area of the Arts Festival (concert included in seat price, prices start at $40).... Other than that... I have things pretty well set. If you want to start booking your rooms, the event hotel will be: Ayres Hotel, 325 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 714.549.0300 (please ask for the Catholic Match group rate ($109/night plus taxes). I will get it all posted to the events page tonight... please message me if you are planning on attending.
It would be a good idea if I posted the dates... August 23-25 if you want to come in early or leave later, let me know and I can plan more events. It's going to be a fun weekend... I hope you all can make it!
Posts 61 - 70 of 102