Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jul 27th 2013 new
(quote) Janet-62904 said: Julie... we will miss you this year! If you can make it, I guarantee you will have a great time! Janet
Thanks Janet.
That's a good plan.
:)
Jul 27th 2013 new
Hello All CM Members... We are getting a lot of views on this page, but I am not sure if you have looked at the Event's page (under the 'More' tab at the top of the webpage. There are some critical deadlines coming up if you are interested, please go to the Event's page for further details... Here is the abbreviated version... 1) The hotel is blocking our rooms at an incredibly low rate until the end of July, then they will release them. If you think you might be coming, and need a room, please book it now. You can always cancel it according to the hotel policy (please ask them about the specific timing on that). 2) Friday... I have already ordered the tickets for those that told me they will be there Friday night at the Pageant of the Masters. There are seats open right next to ours, so if you want to go, please contact me as quickly as possible and I will tell you our ticket location so you can directly book your seat right next to ours. After you book it, please let me know your seat so when the next person lets me know they want to come, I can tell them which seat to try to get to be with our group. 3) Saturday afternoon... You can either kayak (2 hrs for $15 --- they said they would honor their Groupon price for us without having to get the Groupon) OR go on a whale watch boat (2.5 hrs for $19 with coupon... I have the coupon copies). Both of these need to be reserved and paid in advance or the rate will be higher (Kayaking $30, whale watch $39). Please let me know which you would like to do and I will send you the information on who to call where you can reserve and prepay for your choice (kayaking or whale watch) in advance. The discounted price requires a prepayment. Please do this right away as it is summer at this time and things book up fast the last 2 weeks of August. 4) Sunday... please let me know if you are planning on staying for Sunday's events, as there is an option for us to get a Groupon to cut the Mission tour price in half. Some people may want to get on the road home early, so I'd like to get an idea on when you need to leave (or if you are planning on staying late/leaving Monday). Please let me know. 5) Arriving early?? Please let me know so that if you'd like, we can add in a few more things you might like to see/do. I have a list of things (and there are more...) earlier in this thread. I will post this note out to those that responded as a Attending or Maybe Attending, but wanted others that may be thinking about Attending to let me know so I can insure everything is set. Also, I am trying to do this so no one needs to spend a lot of money where we are able to save... If you are thinking about coming, but are not sure yet, or want to find out more details... PLEASE send me a message. If you are local and can only attend some of the events, that is okay too... just let me know. This is going to be a great weekend... Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing you all soon at the beach in Sunny Southern California in late August... but with a nice cool ocean breeze... :) Janet
Jul 27th 2013 new
Hi All, Sorry about the length of the last post... but want to get the information out to you! I just spoke with the hotel and they are at 89% occupancy on Thursday night and 100% occupancy on Friday night.... so if you are planning on coming to this event and need a hotel room, PLEASE RESERVE IT IMMEDIATELY, as our room block will be released at the end of July. If you do not, it will be full and you will need to find another hotel, which is not easy in the high summer season at the beach. Their number is 714-549-0300. Thanks, Janet
Jul 28th 2013 new
wave Thanks for all the work you've done, Janet! I can't wait to share this terrific weekend in the sun and surf with everyone!

I'm planning on driving down on Thursday, and staying through Sunday, since I'll be visiting other friends in Riverside Monday and Tuesday. I would be willing to share a hotel room, if any of the other gals wants to divide costs.

Please let me know if there is anything I can bring down like extra beach towels or boogie board or ???? surfing
Jul 28th 2013 new
Please bring your boogie board if you have one and binoculars for Friday night. I have a boogie board too so if anyone wants to swim they can. Also please bring a beach towel if you are kayaking. More to follow.
Janet
Jul 31st 2013 new
I can't believe how close CM Orange County is getting.. Sandy Beaches here we come!
Jul 31st 2013 new
FUN,FUN ,FUN!!!!! surfing youtu.be
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Beverly-649723 said: FUN,FUN ,FUN!!!!! http://youtu.be/BuTV0E3b3GI
I love that Bev.... it is going to be FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I posted this at the Events Tab, but thought I would post it here as well... Hello All CM OC Friends.... if you have not yet done so, please send me your choice for Saturday... Whale Watch (2.5 hours for $19 if you prepay, $39 if not prepaid if room available), OR Kayaking ($15 for 2 hours in the Bay if you prepay, $30 for 2 hours if not prepaid if room available). It is the High Season the last 2 weeks of August, so please let me know so we can lock in our reservations. I will then send you the information so you can call and prepay/reserve your spot. Thanks!!! Janet
Aug 6th 2013 new
I am excited to be going and spending time with CM members.
Aug 16th 2013 new
I think we can start the countdown since CM OC starts officially next Friday!!! See everyone soon!!! I will send emails this weekend. Janet
Posts 81 - 90 of 102