Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 24th 2013 new
Is there a way to remove my city? I took my photos down. The google links to my profile with pictures of my kids and where we live, where I grew up, went to school etc. freaked me out. This is wrong on so many levels.
May 24th 2013 new
and now my little bar on the bottom right hand corner which shows favorites online and notifications and chat availability is not doing anything :-(
May 24th 2013 new
lol okay now most of my buttons aren't working and I can't sign out lol. . .its like Hotel California :-)))). The site is running very slow for whatever reason, but I am able to navigate additional tabs without any issue for other pages. ??
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: I am on a desktop with windows7. My thumbs up button doesn't work. When I click on it, it just outlines but doesn't post a number. There are numbers that have been posted, so other people's are working. Thank you.
I am experiencing the same problem.

May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: lol okay now most of my buttons aren't working and I can't sign out lol. . .its like Hotel California :-)))). The site is running very slow for whatever reason, but I am able to navigate additional tabs without any issue for other pages. ??
Is this something that just started today?

You can try clicking on the link below to sign out. Also try stopping and restarting the browser and, if that doesn't work, clear the browser cache.

Click here to sign out of CM

May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-486033 said: Thank you.

Simply by googling "Catholic Singles + city" multiple links become available which display CM Members' profile photos, first names, city/state, as well as our personal interests!! (Our identities are used on specifically designed advertisement pages vs "unintentional".)

Here are examples:

http://www.catholicmatch.com/catholic-singles-pittsburgh-diocese.html

http://www.catholicmatch.com/catholic-singles-pittsburgh-pa.html

This has not changed from the old site. We use to use the "about me" instead of the interests which is actually more generic. The ability to see one page of search results under the browse section of the site has been this way for years. Since this issue is not related to the new site if you have any further questions please submit a support ticket.

Also this thread is for forum related issues only. Any posts that are not in the correct thread will be removed. It is difficult to keep track of things and help customers if they won't read the threads. We really are trying to do our best and we want to help everyone but we can't do that if users simply do what they want and not bother to read anything.
May 24th 2013 new
Emoticons update: We are aware that there are less emoticons to choose from than previously. The functionality to allow the larger list will be added back in the near future.
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: I am experiencing the same problem.

Jerry Nathan did a release today so if there are any bugs we missed please let us know. Given this is a holiday weekend in the US we probably won't get to anything new until Tuesday.
May 24th 2013 new
Hi Brian: I am using a Laptop computer and when I try to send an emotiogram with a written message it is only allowing me to type about 2 sentences. Then when I try to type more, it stops working. Therefore, my messages are very brief. Can you please correct this problem? Thanks for your time in this matter.
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: I am having some of the same issues ... can't see/use all emoticons as before ... replied to topics are not all visible and I can't expand the list.

Also, building on my earlier comment that was reposted into this thread for Forum Issues ONLY, there is a great deal that is visible and accessible to someone who has not signed in. That is very different from before (not sure if this is a glitch or something you are trying out). I can reply to topics in the stream without being signed in. I can see photos of forum posters without being signed in (used to only see the male/female icon with the person's name, age and town). If I can do all of that, what is the point of paying for a membership?

Also, an open access forum may not be the best idea if you are trying to maintain this as a Catholic site ... all you have to do is look at some of the offensive stuff that gets posted in Youtube comments ... If you are looking to provide potential members with a sense of what this site is about, that's all fine and good, but membership has to have a point, otherwise people won't pay and won't sign up. Paying members may also have some privacy concerns with so much being available to non-members.

I have noticed that the issues with being able to view forum poster photos and being able to post in the stream without being signed in have been corrected. Thank you!
Posts 41 - 50 of 90