Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Tampa Bay Area -- June Edition

May 20th 2013 new
Hello, everyone in the central Florida area (and beyond), wave

After a successful April meet-up at Jesse's Restaurant in Brandon, we've decided on a baseball game in St. Pete for our June event. As of right now, we are planning on the Tampa Bay Rays home game on June 15th against the Kansas City Royals. The game starts at 4:10, so there should be plenty of time after the game to go out afterwards as well if you're so inclined. The downtown St Pete area is only about 10 minutes away with all of its sidewalk cafes and restaurants.

Tim and I still have a little bit of planning yet to do, but I wanted to let you all know so you can make plans to join us. Check back frequently for more details on the event. Tim tells me that there are several hotels fairly close to the park, so those from out of town (like me) will have a place to stay that's close.

More details to come very soon. After we post more of those details here, I'll ask for you to message me to let me know that you'll be attending so we can get at least a somewhat accurate count.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new CMers as well. God Bless!

Steve
May 20th 2013 new
Holy Cow! I missed out on April's event! I wasn't aware...

Are there any 30-somethings who attend these gatherings? :-)

Michael
May 20th 2013 new
Thanks Steve and Tim---look forward in hearing more-------Peter(:
May 22nd 2013 new
Steve - Thanks for getting this out there. One of the reasons I wanted to schedule this game is because it is at 4:10 on a Saturday, which gives time for people to meet before or after the game in downtown St Pete. As Steve noted, we will look to provide more details on this event.

For anyone who may be looking to stay overnight, there are several hotels in the area (with various price ranges, per hotels.com). One option is America's Best Inn, which is perfectly located between the ballpark and the downtown St Pete area. Their link is:

www.hotels.com.

There is a trolley that runs from near where the hotel is located to the ball park. The trolley is either free, or a nominal charge ($1 or $2).

Please check back occasionally for more details. Thanks, and I hope we have a great group of people attending this event!
May 22nd 2013 new
Steve and Tim: Thank you for organizing this. I will confirm later, but so far it is very possible I make it.

Michael: If you attend, maybe those ladies will be motivated too.
May 22nd 2013 new
Steve and Tim: Thank you for organizing this. I will confirm later, but so far it is very possible I make it.

May 22nd 2013 new
Count me in! I'm so glad there will be another event, I wasn't able to make the April one. I'm excited for the game.
May 22nd 2013 new
Countme inbiggrin
Preferences
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift
English
Deutsch
Espaol
Franais
Italiano
Portugus
Русский
alt
alt
Preferences
May 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Steve-111719 said: Hello, everyone in the central Florida area (and beyond),

After a successful April meet-up at Jesse's Restaurant in Brandon, we've decided on a baseball game in St. Pete for our June event. As of right now, we are planning on the Tampa Bay Rays home game on June 15th against the Kansas City Royals. The game starts at 4:10, so there should be plenty of time after the game to go out afterwards as well if you're so inclined. The downtown St Pete area is only about 10 minutes away with all of its sidewalk cafes and restaurants.

Tim and I still have a little bit of planning yet to do, but I wanted to let you all know so you can make plans to join us. Check back frequently for more details on the event. Tim tells me that there are several hotels fairly close to the park, so those from out of town (like me) will have a place to stay that's close.

More details to come very soon. After we post more of those details here, I'll ask for you to message me to let me know that you'll be attending so we can get at least a somewhat accurate count.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new CMers as well. God Bless!

Steve
Don't forget those wacky Tropicana ground rules! :

* Batted ball that strikes either of the lower two catwalks, lights or suspended objects in fair territory: HOME RUN.
  • * Batted ball that is not judged a home run and remains on a catwalk, light or suspended object: TWO BASES.
  • * Batted ball that is not judged a home run and strikes a catwalk, light or suspended object in fair territory shall be judged fair or foul in relation to where it strikes the ground or is touched by a fielder. If caught by fielder, batter is out and runners advance at own risk.
  • * Batted ball strikes catwalk, light or suspended object over foul territory: DEAD BALL rolling eyes laughing

• Wish I could be there for the game, but my weekend in town is over Memorial Day... but maybe one day I'll be in the Tampa area on a more regular basis shhh
    May 22nd 2013 new
    (quote) Wilma-23758 said: Steve and Tim: Thank you for organizing this. I will confirm later, but so far it is very possible I make it.

I'm gonna have to have a look at my shift schedule. :-)
    Posts 1 - 10 of 47