Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 23 new
I'll be watching airline prices and schedules but this should be fun. I've never been to a baseball game. Is there a Catholic Church nearby cause if I come I will be making a weekend of it and I'll want to be able to attend Mass.
May 25 new
Hi Everyone!

Steve and I were discussing the details of this event, and decided that it would be best to break the day into three stages. That way, everyone is invited to attend all three, but if you can only attend one or two, at least you could be there for part of the day. Here are the details:

STAGE ONE (Meet in downtown St Petersburg (Baywalk area) at 1pm. There is an area within downtown St Pete known as the Baywalk area, with several restaurants, shops, and adequate parking. For those attending, we will meet at the entrance to the MUVICO Baywalk 20 (movie theaters) at 1pm. The address for MUVICO Baywalk 20 is 151 2nd Ave, St Petersburg, , Florida 33701, and the mapquest link for this theater is:

www.mapquest.com

Once the group meets at 1pm, we can walk around the Baywalk area, and grab a quick lunch. Around 2:30 or 2:45, this group would then head over to Tropicana Field to buy tickets for the Rays game. (I envision the group either taking the trolley to Tropicana Field, or a minimum of cars to save on parking expenses at the ballpark).

STAGE TWO (Meet at ticket window of Tropicana Field at 3:15). For those attending the game, I suggest that we meet at the ticket window at Tropicana Field at 3:15. At that time, the group will decide which section they would like to sit in, and each person could purchase their own ticket (but we could all sit together). Once we have the tickets, we could enter the stadium, find our seats, and watch the Rays take on the Kansas City Royals at a 4:10 start!

STAGE THREE: (Return to downtown St Pete (Baywalk area) around 7:30 or so to take in some of the nightlife in downtown St Pete). Downtown St Petersburg has several small restaurants and shops, and is a very enjoyable place to spend a few hours. After Stage Three, everyone could then return to their homes or, if they so choose, to spend the night in St Petersburg at a local hotel.

Steve and I have been coordinating the planning of this event together. If you would like to attend one, two, or all three stages of this event on June 15th, please let either Steve or myself know.

Thanks very much, and I look forward to meeting many of you on June 15th!
May 25 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Don't forget those wacky Tropicana ground rules! :

* Batted ball that strikes either of the lower two catwalks, lights or suspended objects in fair territory: HOME RUN.* Batted ball that is not judged a home run and remains on a catwalk, light or suspended object: TWO BASES.* Batted ball that is not judged a home run and strikes a catwalk, light or suspended object in fair territory shall be judged fair or foul in relation to where it strikes the ground or is touched by a fielder. If caught by fielder, batter is out and runners advance at own risk.* Batted ball strikes catwalk, light or suspended object over foul territory: DEAD BALL
Wish I could be there for the game, but my weekend in town is over Memorial Day... but maybe one day I'll be in the Tampa area on a more regular basis
Hi Michael! You're absolutely right about Tropicana field. It does seem to have its own rules!

Sorry that you won't be in the area on June 15th for the game, but keep in touch. We're hoping to have events every month or two, so hopefully you could join in sometime down the road.
May 25 new
Hi Tim and Steve---i be interested in stage one----thanks for getting this get together going----Peter(:
May 25 new
Thanks for the heads up on this, Tim! wave I'm so excited and hope I don't have to work. Praying It sounds like you don't know that everyone goes to Ferg's for wings/burgers before the game! It's tradition!!! You walk across the parking lot to the stadium from Ferg's but I'll go where you all are going and be a follower rolling eyes if my schedule permits.
May 25 new
I'm working right now and may have missed if someone answered your question about a church but the answer is yes. Holy Cross is right downtown and there are about 8 catholic churches in St. Petersburg depending on where you stay.
May 25 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Don't forget those wacky Tropicana ground rules! :

* Batted ball that strikes either of the lower two catwalks, lights or suspended objects in fair territory: HOME RUN.* Batted ball that is not judged a home run and remains on a catwalk, light or suspended object: TWO BASES.* Batted ball that is not judged a home run and strikes a catwalk, light or suspended object in fair territory shall be judged fair or foul in relation to where it strikes the ground or is touched by a fielder. If caught by fielder, batter is out and runners advance at own risk.* Batted ball strikes catwalk, light or suspended object over foul territory: DEAD BALL
Wish I could be there for the game, but my weekend in town is over Memorial Day... but maybe one day I'll be in the Tampa area on a more regular basis
Michael,

I took my brother to his first Rays game(he just moved here from Chicago) a couple of weeks ago and told him there were crazy rules because of the the design of the stadium and you had it on here! I'll have to read it to him! Thanks for your fun post!

Sue
May 25 new
(quote) Peter-356811 said: Hi Tim and Steve---i be interested in stage one----thanks for getting this get together going----Peter(:
Maybe we'll all finally meet after all these years?!?
May 25 new
Amen Sue!! -that be coolwave the many years that have past us by where only whispers of words from the other side of the computer could be heard-the only link we have had-will soon become obsolete with a hand shake or maybe a hug------ laughing laughing laughing ----TRANSLATION--------That be neat to meet you in person(:(:(:
May 26 new
I get home from taking my nephew to an out of state golf tournament Friday, so Saturday sounds perfect. See everyone then.

Karen
Posts 11 - 20 of 47