Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 21st 2013 new
YAAAAYYY!!!!! heartbeat
May 22nd 2013 new
I am always up for an Event in Philly, but they never seem to be planned for a time I can be there. sad
May 23rd 2013 new
I would possibly be interested. Philadelphia is not overly far from here.
May 23rd 2013 new
Do we have to have a minimum number of people? This is my first shot at organizing something so I don't know all the rules!! - LOL!
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Do we have to have a minimum number of people? This is my first shot at organizing something so I don't know all the rules!! - LOL!
The rules are whatever you make them. biggrin

Seriously, CM has no requirement for a minimum number of people. If only two are interested, that's still one better than going alone, right?

May 24th 2013 new
Richard, I am interested. I would like to see the Barnes museum in Phili while I am there.

My summer is pretty busy with out-of-town guests, but the idea is intriguing.

I will try to keep up with the planning phases of your endeavor. I am not quite sure which
thread they will be on though.

Loved the pictures of your church, St. Donato. Never heard of that saint.

May 24th 2013 new
Hi Marianne Yes, it would always be good to have an Irvington person down here! Barnes Museum is in a new spot in center city on the Ben Franklin Pkwy .. I havent been to the new one yet but they say its very nice ..

St. Donato was a 4th century Italian bishop Beautiful church, but sadly they have slated us to close in December Heartbreaking

So far 9 people (counting me) have shown some interest in coming to this event, including some out-of-towners Hopefully we can get in the 20 range Ill use this thread to post updates .. Should be fun if we can pull it off!
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Marianne Yes, it would always be good to have an Irvington person down here! Barnes Museum is in a new spot in center city on the Ben Franklin Pkwy .. I havent been to the new one yet but they say its very nice ..

St. Donato was a 4th century Italian bishop Beautiful church, but sadly they have slated us to close in December Heartbreaking

So far 9 people (counting me) have shown some interest in coming to this event, including some out-of-towners Hopefully we can get in the 20 range Ill use this thread to post updates .. Should be fun if we can pull it off!
Do you have a target date that you are striving for? Or is it still open?

Marianne
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Do you have a target date that you are striving for? Or is it still open?

Marianne
Hi ...date is still open ...just thought I'd wait a bit more to see if anyone else is interested ... Guess I'm looking at the 3rd or 4th week of June ...
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi ...date is still open ...just thought I'd wait a bit more to see if anyone else is interested ... Guess I'm looking at the 3rd or 4th week of June ...
I am in the preliminary stages of planning a trip home to South Jersey 6/28,29,30. It has been a good 15+ years I've spent any considerable time in Philly (besides Phillies games).
Posts 11 - 20 of 70