Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 5th 2013 new
Michael,

Years ago I dated a nice woman for about one year. She was also Baptist, although not a practicing Baptist.... She received her religious background primarily from her grandmother, as her parents were not practicing Baptists.

At some point, you may want to be prepared to answer her questions and (likely) misunderstanding of how Catholics "worship" Mary. My impression is that this is quite pronounced in the Baptist religion. My impression is that Baptists (in general) believe that Catholics are really way off base in how they relate to Mary. It may take some time, conversation and study for her to have an accurate understanding of the role and position of Mary within the Catholic Church.

I hope that it all works out well for you.

God Bless.

Ed
Jun 6th 2013 new
Ed, thankfully I have a half sister whose husband is a Baptist minister.

Talk about the THIRD DEGREE! Everytime I go home to visit... I am challenged on my Catholic faith. Exactly as you describe. I've bought some Apologetics books to read, and am working through them.

I truly prefer a Catholic wife, but as I don't receive responses from so many desirable women I have contacted here, perhaps it is time to consider a non-Catholic Christian. I hadn't quite envisioned this, while waiting for nearly 2 years for my annulment...

Michael
Posts 11 - 12 of 12