Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Fort Hood Shooter Promoted to Lieutenant Colonel

FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS Army officials have confirmed that Nidal Hasan was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel yesterday in a small and solemn ceremony in the gathering room of Fort Leavenworths maximum security prison.

Army Had NO choice but to award promotion

When asked about the promotion, Major General William Hewitt, Commanding General of Human Resources Command (HRC), stated that Hasans personnel record was not negatively flagged by the chain of command and that by regulation the Army had no choice but to award promotion to the service member.

Promotion Happened because Human Resource Systems Were Undergoing Upgrades-Who Is Running This
Country?????

When asked to elaborate about how such an oversight could occur, the general stated that the Armys electronic human resources systems were undergoing upgrades that may have affected Hasans status.HRC has been physically migrating its systems to a new building at Fort Knox [Human Resources Command Headquarters] after the discovery of asbestos and mold in the current data storage warehouse. Unfortunately the files have been moved to a computer system that is not yet Y2K compliant. This might have affected the records of hundreds of personnel, including Hasan."

Hasan's Fort Hood Murders were only a Blemish on His Excellent Record

During an investigation of Hasans service record, The Duffel Blog obtained several evaluation reports detailing the officers performance history. Of note is one report covering the period during Hasans alleged shooting spree. His superior officer, Colonel Nathan Butterworth, stated that Hasan has an excellent record stained with the occasional blemish.

Major Hasan is an unparalleled Asset to the Army

While not the best team player, Major Hasan has a peerless tactical mind with a demonstrated record of close quarters combat marksmanship. Butterworth goes on to state Major Hasan is an unparalleled asset to the Army. His capability to think like the enemy, allows him the ability to provide the military with a perspective not seen by the rest of the organization.Hasan also received a Legion of Merit from his superiors at Darnell Army Medical Center at Fort Hood upon Hasans transfer to Fort Leavenworth.

Fort Hood Shooter Has Also Collected $278,000 in Salary Since 2009 Murders

The Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people and wounding 32 others during a shooting at Fort Hood has reportedly been paid more than $278,000 since the 2009 incident.

U.S. Department of Defense officials confirmed to NBCDFW.com that Maj. Nidal Hasans salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty in the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting in Texas, citing the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Jury selection in his trial is scheduled to begin May 30.

www.duffelblog.com.

www.nbcdfw.com.

www.foxnews.com

May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Fort Hood Shooter Promoted to Lieutenant Colonel

FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS Army officials have confirmed that Nidal Hasan was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel yesterday in a small and solemn ceremony in the gathering room of Fort Leavenworths maximum security prison.

Army Had NO choice but to award promotion

When asked about the promotion, Major General William Hewitt, Commanding General of Human Resources Command (HRC), stated that Hasans personnel record was not negatively flagged by the chain of command and that by regulation the Army had no choice but to award promotion to the service member.

Promotion Happened because Human Resource Systems Were Undergoing Upgrades-Who Is Running This
Country?????

When asked to elaborate about how such an oversight could occur, the general stated that the Armys electronic human resources systems were undergoing upgrades that may have affected Hasans status.HRC has been physically migrating its systems to a new building at Fort Knox [Human Resources Command Headquarters] after the discovery of asbestos and mold in the current data storage warehouse. Unfortunately the files have been moved to a computer system that is not yet Y2K compliant. This might have affected the records of hundreds of personnel, including Hasan."

Hasan's Fort Hood Murders were only a Blemish on His Excellent Record

During an investigation of Hasans service record, The Duffel Blog obtained several evaluation reports detailing the officers performance history. Of note is one report covering the period during Hasans alleged shooting spree. His superior officer, Colonel Nathan Butterworth, stated that Hasan has an excellent record stained with the occasional blemish.

Major Hasan is an unparalleled Asset to the Army

While not the best team player, Major Hasan has a peerless tactical mind with a demonstrated record of close quarters combat marksmanship. Butterworth goes on to state Major Hasan is an unparalleled asset to the Army. His capability to think like the enemy, allows him the ability to provide the military with a perspective not seen by the rest of the organization.Hasan also received a Legion of Merit from his superiors at Darnell Army Medical Center at Fort Hood upon Hasans transfer to Fort Leavenworth.

Fort Hood Shooter Has Also Collected $278,000 in Salary Since 2009 Murders

The Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people and wounding 32 others during a shooting at Fort Hood has reportedly been paid more than $278,000 since the 2009 incident.

U.S. Department of Defense officials confirmed to NBCDFW.com that Maj. Nidal Hasans salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty in the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting in Texas, citing the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Jury selection in his trial is scheduled to begin May 30.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/03/alleged-fort-hood-shooter-nidal-hasan-receives-promotion-legion-of...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/Accused-Fort-Hood-Shooter-Paid-278000-While-Awaiting-Trial-2082...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/21/fort-hood-shooter-has-drawn-278g-in-salary-since-massacre/

Two words...

Outrageous & nutrageous.... wide eyed
May 21st 2013 new
Guess what, Steven, I just read Snopes and they said it was FALSE. So my post is not true from what
I can figure out.

They said it was a military satire magazine that wrote the article.

Now I have to figure out if the salary he was receiving in prison is true.

www.snopes.com

May 23rd 2013 new
Right off the top of my head, that doesn't seem unreasonable for four years of pay for a major.

Frustrating though it is, he's innocent until proven guilty. I'm sure the court-martial will go ahead and cut his salary down to $0 when the time comes.
May 23rd 2013 new
Surely this is a parody meant to be humorous. No sane man or board would ever promote a mass murderer.

Unless, perhaps, it was dictated by the muslim lover and abortionist-in-chief himself, the chosen one, Barack Husein. But, no, even that would be a farce.

I do not believe this story is true. I spent 26 years in the Navy and it is a dysfunctional organization to a point, but not that bad! I refuse to believe that the Army has stooped to this level.
May 23rd 2013 new
Well, Jerry, they are saying the promotion was a hoax, i.e., not true.

www.snopes.com

This guy is causing a lot of problems for everyone.

news.yahoo.com.

Now he is going to take over his own defense.

www.foxnews.com.

Jerry: What is your opinion about how they are calling the case a "workplace shooting," and not a
"terrorist attack?" And why has it taken so long since 2009, to bring this case to court? Would you
know that?

May 23rd 2013 new
Marianne, they were saying on Fox News yesterday that he is indeed receiving $278,000, and all of it is taxpayer dollars. It's completely insane......
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) John-336509 said: Right off the top of my head, that doesn't seem unreasonable for four years of pay for a major.

Frustrating though it is, he's innocent until proven guilty. I'm sure the court-martial will go ahead and cut his salary down to $0 when the time comes.
I hope that make that -0- salary retroactive. I want my taxes back.
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jessica-951024 said: Marianne, they were saying on Fox News yesterday that he is indeed receiving $278,000, and all of it is taxpayer dollars. It's completely insane......
Thank you, Jessica, for that confirmation. We have a good group of reporters on this site.
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jessica-951024 said: Marianne, they were saying on Fox News yesterday that he is indeed receiving $278,000, and all of it is taxpayer dollars. It's completely insane......
Again, you can't punish somebody for a crime until they have been found guilty in a competent court of law. Until a court-martial says he's guilty of something, they can't strip him of his rank or salary.
Posts 1 - 10 of 17