Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

What are your feelings about including photos of your kids on your CM profile?
- TMI?
- fun & interesting
- distracting?
- scary?
- invasion of their privacy
- WYSIWYG
May 24 new
I have my kids on my pictures. I also would want to know what I might be dealing with if a lady has children. It helps me see how old are they relative to mine and maybe a little about family life.
May 24 new
I agree with Bob! I think the pictures of family can reveal a lot of the person and how they interact with their children, parents,etc. I like to see them!
May 24 new
I really enjoy seeing people with their children.Great to see them spending time with each other.
heart You get a Gold Star!
May 24 new
I went way out on the limb on this, by posting a ton of pictures of mine.

Some bennies for me:
  1. It is saving me a lot of writing & explaining
  2. It keeps me true
  3. It immediately tells the woman who doesn't want to be around children (even if for just a few years still) that she is not for me; and that is ok, because I am looking for that special one
  4. Privacy can take a back seat when among Catholic friends (definitely wouldn't do it on other sites - which I don't belong to - for similar reasons)
... and those who may dare to offend my little ones ==--- ask this ----> is it going to be worth it?
May 25 new
I deliberated before I posted the photos of my kids on CM, but then thought CM is a catholic site. I felt safe to post them. To me, my children are part of my identity and we come as a package. If any man is interested in my profile, I wanted to be upfront with who I am and what being involved with me entails. Pictures of you with your kids also portray the family relationships.

I am happy to say that to me, this appears to be the right thing. The person from CM, whom I am seeing told me that he saw my pictures and those of my kids and it intrigued him. This led him to contact me. And I am happy I posted them. biggrin
May 25 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: What are your feelings about including photos of your kids on your CM profile?
- TMI?
- fun & interesting
- distracting?
- scary?
- invasion of their privacy
- WYSIWYG
I don't post photos of my adult children and my grandchild in my profile I because I think it is an invasion of their privacy. I'm not sure they would appreciate personal family photos being posted on the internet.
May 25 new
Over time, I think I received a false sense of security here with this being a Catholic site. But last night, when I googled Catholic Match and my town, my name, my age, my status as widowed, my post responses, and a direct link to my pictures and profiles. This is a small town.It wouldn't be a stretch to think someone could find out where I live and it scared the crud out of me. I pulled all identifiable pictures off my site. I used to think it was a way for people to learn more about me.Now I think it is fodder for pedophiles.
May 25 new
Sorry, it should read that by clicking Catholic Match and my town, all that info came up about me with links to my profile. I had always thought you need to be a paying member to view that much detail. It was frightening. Plus, I don't want people to know everything about me without meeting me first. And sharing pictures of my kids, my family and friends could jeopardize their privacy and safety.
May 25 new
I have adult children ages 25, 23 and 20. My 20 yr old especially wants me to not post pictures featuring him, not mention him by name, etc. He also wants me not to be on Facebook, because he feels that site is for kids his age and that by my being there, I would interfere with his life. My eldes wants me to be happy and probably wouldn't mind. My middle is busy with her own life.

I'm not on Facebook b/c I don't want to invest that much time in Social Media, so it's no longer about my son and his preferences, as it was before he entered college. When I was first on Catholic Match about 3 years ago, I did not even post photos of myself. I am a licensed marriage and family therapist and wanted to keep a boundary between my professional and personal life.

I agree that people with young children do need to be concerned for their safety when posting photos and dating. Kids should come first; they're innocents and should stay that way. Just my opinion.
Posts 1 - 10 of 34