Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

May 26th 2013 new
Yes, my grown children have their photos on FB and other media as well.

I think pictures of one's family, relatives, friends, activities, favorite places...all are great. Whatever one wants to put. It enhances the profile.
May 26th 2013 new
Dear Marge. I am glad that I did not post pictures of any of my kids.

1. I did find and reported a bogus man-s profile. It was quickly removed, I must say. What if he were a stalker...
2. I am so sorry for removing my profile picture, like others have had to do.
I Googled CatholicMatch.com Panama an my profile pic and that of 2 women friend from my Parishe popped up. I doubled check and I-m no longer there now that I deleted my picture. No, I was NOT logged into CM when I did the search.
3. I don-t think it-s a Red Flag not to post pictures of family members. I have coresponded with wonderful CM gentlemen and I have not hesitated to share pics of my family.

I just think it-s way too risky.
hug Mari
May 26th 2013 new
I totally think its ok to post photos of your kids on this site. People are wanting to meet new people. This is only fair, because ya want to know what you're about to get into.
Some people don't care for kids and some really want them. So it really makes a huge difference.
The kids are part of my life , I have kids of my own and they are part of me.
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Pauline-931463 said: I deliberated before I posted the photos of my kids on CM, but then thought CM is a catholic site. I felt safe to post them. To me, my children are part of my identity and we come as a package. If any man is interested in my profile, I wanted to be upfront with who I am and what being involved with me entails. Pictures of you with your kids also portray the family relationships.

I am happy to say that to me, this appears to be the right thing. The person from CM, whom I am seeing told me that he saw my pictures and those of my kids and it intrigued him. This led him to contact me. And I am happy I posted them.
Pauline, your daughters are adorable!
May 26th 2013 new
Same here as Barbara said. My kids are part of me, the best. They make me laugh, they make me crazy, they are mine, and they always be.

May 27th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: Pauline, your daughters are adorable!
Thanks Tracy. I am blessed. They are adorable and are also great kids. biggrin
May 27th 2013 new
My children live a public life. I try really hard not to expose them to any more media than is out there already. I know, this is just a site, but you all know who I am. When a person has over 10,000 Google entries and their children's pictures (all adults) are all over, it is enough. I don't mind the pictures, however.
Jun 4th 2013 new
My family is a large part of my life and to not include photos of them would seem disingenuous to me.
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Sandra-871852 said: I don't post photos of my adult children and my grandchild in my profile I because I think it is an invasion of their privacy. I'm not sure they would appreciate personal family photos being posted on the internet.
I don't post photos of my children either. I don't feel the same
Jun 6th 2013 new
You're right Joan that if you're online it's very hard to protect oneself. However, I will absolutely do everything possible to protect my child's privacy! To me that means not including pictures of him on my profile. Not to mention the fact that a good friend of mine who's a counseler for abused children has told me more than once that pedophiles will specifically target single mothers. As much as I want to believe no one on CM would be a pedophile, I've seen enough scam profiles on here that I absolutely will not take a chance and I can't pretend the possibility doesn't exist.
Posts 21 - 30 of 34