Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 25th 2013 new
YES, CM Phx/Tucson!!
May 25th 2013 new
I have a timeshare...two blocks off the beach. Could be a lot of fun!
May 25th 2013 new
Thank you for posting this Lina, I will help in anyway I can. First suggestion would be for event to be in either June or July, pre-hurricane season. OBX is truly a treasure and I would recommend to anyone who has never been there. There are wild horses along the Outer Banks, they are just hard to get to. The best bet would be Ocracoke Island.

May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Lina,

I am going to the beach at Emerald Island, NC in a week and a half. The cost wasn't tooo bad and divided by several people would be not bad at all. Let me know, I think I would be interested in coming again. And, the earlier you reserve the better the price :-).
I hope to be going to Salter Path, which is on Emerald Island, in August for a Catholic Retreat. Although technically not the Outer Banks I am still very excited as I have never been there.
May 25th 2013 new
Just to clarify. Chicoteague Island is in VA. Assateague Island is in MD/VA. I believe you can see the Wild Horses in both places. They are off the DelMarVa peninsula and are not part of the Outer Banks.
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: Thank you for posting this Lina, I will help in anyway I can. First suggestion would be for event to be in either June or July, pre-hurricane season. OBX is truly a treasure and I would recommend to anyone who has never been there. There are wild horses along the Outer Banks, they are just hard to get to. The best bet would be Ocracoke Island.

Thank you, Allen, for publicly posting your assistance. (I had already privately asked him for some help on this.)
Yes, per my work demands, it would have to be in June, or the very end of May or the very start of July, depending on when son's school gets out and whether he'll take a summer class. July is my busiest month at work, with fiscal year-end needs, but the beginning of it is still doable for my getaway.

I had in mind a house in a peaceful area, but very near activities. When we lived in SC, Myrtle Beach's boardwalk was fun for a short while, but not for an entire week.

Bev, I'm a big Marguerite Henry fan & always wanted to visit Chincoteague/Assateague because of her "Misty" books, but that's much further north, as someone already stated. Per Allen, we may yet spot some wild horses....
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: Just to clarify. Chicoteague Island is in VA. Assateague Island is in MD/VA. I believe you can see the Wild Horses in both places. They are off the DelMarVa peninsula and are not part of the Outer Banks.
And I think they still have "Pony Days" when the volunteer firemen and others drive some of the wild ponies from Assateague to Chincoteague and sell off some of the herd. That was part of the "Misty" story.
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: One of my bucket list items was to rent a house on a beach somewhere in North Carolina for a week. Anyone else interested?

This idea is for the summer of either 2014 or 2015. I know the rent is considerable for a beach house, so the idea is to organize 10 or 12 people for this to share costs. Thought I'd just put the idea out there to see if any CMers are interested. Let me know!
: :: wave Maybe its a little ways (away) possible of 2014?! If you wish to?!
May 25th 2013 new
I'm interested, Lina! Chelle
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I have a timeshare...two blocks off the beach. Could be a lot of fun!
Where is your timeshare Meg? Is it on the Outer Banks?
Posts 11 - 20 of 45