Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 28th 2013 new
It's Players Club or we can use any other Bluegreen or Rci ones that are available. I'm not familiar with the term the Outer Banks.
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: It's Players Club or we can use any other Bluegreen or Rci ones that are available. I'm not familiar with the term the Outer Banks.
Outer Banks NC, east of New Bern and Rodanthe. Never been there but am on my way there in two weeks with my daughter!!
May 28th 2013 new
Some of us have done something similar in Maine. We've shared a cabin on a lake for a long weekend, and twice have taken a timeshare in the mountains for a week. Two gals, eight or ten men, some stayed only 24 hours, others the entire time, it was fun. We're hoping to go camping in the Catskills this summer.

I left the kids out of it the timeshare because everyone who attended (but me) was never-married, no kids. Do be certain to make it clear whether kids are included and what ages. It's not much fun if you have preschoolers AND teens AND people who want adult conversation.

Enjoy!
May 28th 2013 new
I'm in . . . VA is an easy drive to NC and I am definitely a beach person
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: It's Players Club or we can use any other Bluegreen or Rci ones that are available. I'm not familiar with the term the Outer Banks.
The Outer Banks are the barrier islands off the northern coast of NC and part of VA. If you look at a map of NC you will see the Outer Banks stretching out into the Atlantic. At the farthest point east they are close to 30 miles from land and at some points only about 400 feet wide. NC Hwy 12 connects 3 of the 4 islands. Bogue Island, where Kitty Hawk (Wright Brothers) and Nags Head are, is more touristy. Roanoke Island is where Manteo is. This where Andy Griffith lived. Hatteras Island is where Rodanthe, Avon, Buxton and Cape Hatteras Lighthouse are. Although Hatteras can be a little crowded, this is still where people go to "get away from it all" as it can be somewhat secluded.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: The Outer Banks are the barrier islands off the northern coast of NC and part of VA. If you look at a map of NC you will see the Outer Banks stretching out into the Atlantic. At the farthest point east they are close to 30 miles from land and at some points only about 400 feet wide. NC Hwy 12 connects 3 of the 4 islands. Bogue Island, where Kitty Hawk (Wright Brothers) and Nags Head are, is more touristy. Roanoke Island is where Manteo is. This where Andy Griffith lived. Hatteras Island is where Rodanthe, Avon, Buxton and Cape Hatteras Lighthouse are. Although Hatteras can be a little crowded, this is still where people go to "get away from it all" as it can be somewhat secluded.
Sorry, I meant Bodie Island is where Kitty Hawk is.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: One of my bucket list items was to rent a house on a beach somewhere in North Carolina for a week. Anyone else interested?

This idea is for the summer of either 2014 or 2015. I know the rent is considerable for a beach house, so the idea is to organize 10 or 12 people for this to share costs. Thought I'd just put the idea out there to see if any CMers are interested. Let me know!
Yay!! I'm so excited that there's talk about a CM event in my home state!! :) :) I'll have to see about the date, but I think it would be a lovely idea!! :)
May 29th 2013 new
wave Thanks for clarifying it for me, Allen. Wherever they are, I still want to see the horses doing the swim. I saw photos in a magazine (Country Magazine?) somewhere a couple of years ago, and it looked so neat!

wave Joan, I wish I could take off and drive with you, but I can't get away at this time...hopefully, we can all make it to the CM event that Janet is planning in SoCal...
May 29th 2013 new
Meg, I also have Timeshare exchange through RCI, and it would be a great idea to try to book side by side, to maximize accommodations. Something to work on for 2014...
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Beverly-649723 said: Meg, I also have Timeshare exchange through RCI, and it would be a great idea to try to book side by side, to maximize accommodations. Something to work on for 2014...
Beverly, that would be great!
Posts 21 - 30 of 45