Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 8th 2013 new
Keeping this post current. wave
Jun 10th 2013 new
Thank you, Allen! I plan to write privately to several people who posted in this thread, so as to keep the ball rolling. It's always so nice to have something to look forward to...and time to save up for it!
Jun 10th 2013 new
I have actually been doing some looking into. My daughter-in-law works for the Corp of Army Engineers. She goes to the Outer Banks quite often for training operations and whenever there is a bad storm. She reminded me that the Outer Banks are only about 70/80 miles long and she suggests staying north of Kitty Hawk. This way, Norfolk International is much closer and Nags Head, where the hustle and bustle is, is only about 10/15 mins. You would also be about 5 mins to the Wright Brothers Museum. The location I am looking at now is Duck, NC. Somewhere near there there is a 4x4 Jeep Tour to see the Wild Horses.
Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: I have actually been doing some looking into. My daughter-in-law works for the Corp of Army Engineers. She goes to the Outer Banks quite often for training operations and whenever there is a bad storm. She reminded me that the Outer Banks are only about 70/80 miles long and she suggests staying north of Kitty Hawk. This way, Norfolk International is much closer and Nags Head, where the hustle and bustle is, is only about 10/15 mins. You would also be about 5 mins to the Wright Brothers Museum. The location I am looking at now is Duck, NC. Somewhere near there there is a 4x4 Jeep Tour to see the Wild Horses.
:clapping: Yay, Allen! Thank you for looking into the horses and Outer Banks! You get a Gold Star!
Jun 18th 2013 new
My subscription is up on Sunday and I'm taking a break from CM till Aug or Sep, but keep this event idea in mind, folks. I'll be lurking.
Jun 20th 2013 new
I would appreciate it if people who have timeshares would message me before Sunday with your contact info. I'd like to understand better about the locations and the other details regarding these. Thank you! biggrin
Jun 20th 2013 new
went to see the horses at Shackleford Island, off of Morehead, NC. . . absolutely beautiful!!! And, fantastic!!!
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: went to see the horses at Shackleford Island, off of Morehead, NC. . . absolutely beautiful!!! And, fantastic!!!
weeping weeping hissyfit I want to see them, too.... biggrin
Jun 20th 2013 new
I have never been to Shackleford Banks but I am sure it is beautiful there. Not easy to get to from the rest of the Outer Banks though. Did you get there from Morehead City or Beaufort? Did you have to hire a private boat or was there ferry service?
Jun 20th 2013 new
There are hourly ferries that will take you out and drop you off and you can come back when you are ready. There are also cruises, which is what we ended up doing which are an hour and a half and give you half an hour on the islands, while taking you around and showing you some of the houses etc. We went from Beaufort. There were twenty of us wanting to go, so we did the surf and turf cruise, there are a couple of others as well, and we were all on one boat. Fantastic!
Posts 31 - 40 of 45