Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I have just had the single longest week of my life, and am seeking prayers for my daughter. Last Friday I took her skating with her friends. When she got out on the rink she suddenly collapsed with no pulse or respirations. I began cpr and she was defibrillated, but it took 3 shocks before her heart started again. In the ER about fourty minutes later she coded again. I had a priest give her the last rites about ten minutes afterwards. She was placed in therapeutic hypothermia over the weekend to reduce and prevent swelling of the brain. She had less than ten percent of a chance of living, and if she did live, less than ten percent of a chance of avoiding severe brain damage. A week later she is alive and is back to being her old self for the most part. Next Thursday she will be going into surgery to have a cardioverter / defibrillator placed. Please remember her in your prayers; she is my only baby. Had it not been for the outpouring of prayer from friends, family and strangers, I honestly do not believe she would have made it. Thank you and God Bless!
May 24th 2013 new
Praying rosary theheart
May 24th 2013 new
Oh my goodness, Lisa - I am so sorry - what a horrific experience! How wonderful you were there to help her when she needed it. I will indeed add her to my prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery. You sound like an amazing Mom, and you of course know that these CM prayer warriors are POWERFUL! God bless you both. Please let us know an update after surgery if possible.
Praying Praying Praying Praying hug
May 24th 2013 new
Many prayers Lisa for all of you. :-)
May 24th 2013 new
In my prayers...
May 24th 2013 new
Praying rosary hug
May 24th 2013 new
hug Praying
May 24th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying So sorry Lisa. You and your daughter will be in my prayers.
May 24th 2013 new
Lisa, I am so sorry; you and your daughter have my prayers.
May 24th 2013 new
Prayers for the continued recovery of your Daughter. Praying theheart
Posts 1 - 10 of 47