Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-962589 said: I have just had the single longest week of my life, and am seeking prayers for my daughter. Last Friday I took her skating with her friends. When she got out on the rink she suddenly collapsed with no pulse or respirations. I began cpr and she was defibrillated, but it took 3 shocks before her heart started again. In the ER about fourty minutes later she coded again. I had a priest give her the last rites about ten minutes afterwards. She was placed in therapeutic hypothermia over the weekend to reduce and prevent swelling of the brain. She had less than ten percent of a chance of living, and if she did live, less than ten percent of a chance of avoiding severe brain damage. A week later she is alive and is back to being her old self for the most part. Next Thursday she will be going into surgery to have a cardioverter / defibrillator placed. Please remember her in your prayers; she is my only baby. Had it not been for the outpouring of prayer from friends, family and strangers, I honestly do not believe she would have made it. Thank you and God Bless!
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry. That must have been so traumatic for both you and your daughter. I am happy she is revived. Prayers sent your way. May God bring about a total healing. hug Praying hug Praying
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-962589 said: I have just had the single longest week of my life, and am seeking prayers for my daughter. Last Friday I took her skating with her friends. When she got out on the rink she suddenly collapsed with no pulse or respirations. I began cpr and she was defibrillated, but it took 3 shocks before her heart started again. In the ER about fourty minutes later she coded again. I had a priest give her the last rites about ten minutes afterwards. She was placed in therapeutic hypothermia over the weekend to reduce and prevent swelling of the brain. She had less than ten percent of a chance of living, and if she did live, less than ten percent of a chance of avoiding severe brain damage. A week later she is alive and is back to being her old self for the most part. Next Thursday she will be going into surgery to have a cardioverter / defibrillator placed. Please remember her in your prayers; she is my only baby. Had it not been for the outpouring of prayer from friends, family and strangers, I honestly do not believe she would have made it. Thank you and God Bless!
God bless you and thank God for your daughter's recovery.-I am familiar with that condition----and thank heaven it happened near a place where she could get help.Now they know what it is.
May 25th 2013 new
Praying Praying
May 25th 2013 new
You and your family will be in my prayers, also. *hug*
May 25th 2013 new
hug Praying theheart Praying
May 25th 2013 new
Praying
May 25th 2013 new
Praying
May 25th 2013 new
Oh my goodness, my prayers are with you both!
May 25th 2013 new
angel hug Praying rosary theheart
May 25th 2013 new
Praying rosary I am praying for you and your daughter May the surgery go well.
Posts 21 - 30 of 47