Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

May 27 new
The only thing that would matter to me is if he didn't want children or if he had them and didn't want any more.
May 27 new
Well, since I'm starting with 5 biggrin , I'm always hopeful hey use the "don't have an ideal" option, LOL! I usually chuckle when I come across the 1-2 people, makes me wonder what their reaction is when they view my profile eyepopping
May 27 new
I don't think someone should have a top number limit, especially at a younger age. If someone does have a limit, what does that mean? They'll start insisting on birth control once they have reached their limit, of let's say, 3 kids? They'll have surgery or expect their spouse to have surgery to ensure no more pregnancies?

We are called to be open to life, at any age. So yes, I want someone who understands and follows that, even at my older-ish age. For those of you who are younger, be careful of someone who isn't open to God's plan and life.
May 27 new
That's my thing. As still well with in my child bearing years, I feel like putting a cap on the number of kids is an indicator of not being open to God's plans. I have 5+ because I do want a big family BUT I also know that is up to God. It would break my heart if I got married and my husband after two kids said, "I don't want anymore. We're done."
May 27 new
I'm like Danielle, I have 5+ because I want a lot of kids and am open to whatever God gives me. At the same time guys with 1-2 are usually a no for me, if God says 2 is my limit and I don't get pregnant after that a few tears will be shed but I will be fine with it. However if my husband's heart closes after 2 yet we are capable of having more I'm not sure if I'll take that well so I want to know in advance if a guy is open to a big family or not.
May 27 new
(quote) Danielle-960603 said: How important is it to you that a person's profile shows that they have the same preference in number of children that you do?
I don't think it's very important but can't speak for others, especially someone about your age. I listed the ideal as 3-5 but I don't think it applies to me at my age, just an ideal number based on the size of family that I grew up in. As noted, you should be open to all from God.
If you are trying to evaluate someone from their preference in number of children, I think that's a question that you can ask during your communications with the person.
May 28 new
(quote) Danielle-960603 said: How important is it to you that a person's profile shows that they have the same preference in number of children that you do?
It is pretty important, just because I really want children and my thought is the more the merrier. I have met many couples where the wife wanted more kids but her husband refused saying that they already had too many or something.

That being said, I think this is one of the easiest things to change in someone else. Also, guys, I have learned, tend to put up how many kids they think they can afford rather than a particular preference. And folks who are only children thing they are being pretty wild by putting up 2-3. Personality types play a big part too...as the planner may rationally say, "well, if she is 32 years old realistically she only has a certain number of child bearing years left so this many is the right number."

Me, I don't plan such things. ;-)
May 28 new
(quote) Nekeisha-896394 said: I'm like Danielle, I have 5+ because I want a lot of kids and am open to whatever God gives me. At the same time guys with 1-2 are usually a no for me, if God says 2 is my limit and I don't get pregnant after that a few tears will be shed but I will be fine with it. However if my husband's heart closes after 2 yet we are capable of having more I'm not sure if I'll take that well so I want to know in advance if a guy is open to a big family or not.
Precisely! Well spoke!

As long as we are both open to the will of God, my husband and I should get along just fine.
May 28 new
I forgot what I put. I believe that ultimately it is God"s decision. I am not looking to have more. Just a personal decision. I do not have a problem with meeting and if God's will, marrying someone with more, but if God wants me to have more children in my life than I will raise them to the best of my ability.
May 28 new
I forgot what I put. I believe that ultimately it is God"s decision. I am not looking to have more. Just a personal decision. I do not have a problem with meeting and if God's will, marrying someone with more, but if God wants me to have more children in my life than I will raise them to the best of my ability.
Posts 11 - 20 of 43