Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

May 28 new
I chose "don't have an ideal". I would like to have at least one more baby, but I would take as many as I was blessed with.
May 28 new
It's not that important to me at least. I would prefer only 3, but whatever size family God wants me to have, I will father. If it's no children at all, or a number of adoptees, 1, 2, or 12, he will see that the family's needs are met.
May 28 new
I have 3 - 5 kids on my profile but it's not set in stone, just a guidline that I would be edging towards a larger family and would be looking for someone who had also this in mind.
May 30 new
I think it is important. I personally believe that however many kids God gives me is what I should accept. I come from a big family but if God have me 20 kids I would be just as happy as if he gave me one because every child is a precious gift from God and nobody should try to plan their gifts from God.
May 30 new
Obviously God's Will will prevail.

For me its very important because I want (and am fairly certain God has it in my cards) to have a LARGE family. So if someone says his ideal is 1 or 2 kids, thats a problem. However, it wouldn't be a red flag that would prevent me from communicating with him because I don't think Men give it quite as much thought. Maybe I'm wrong.
Jun 01 new
As I get older and nearing the end of my child bearing years, I am open to whatever God will give me.
Jun 01 new
I don't actually care about an exact number; as long as a lady is willing to have children if she is able, that is fine by me.
Jun 01 new
I agree that the question is touchy, and we all know the Lord is in charge. However, being a single mother of one, it can help me realize that the person I'm in communication with ultimately wants 2 or 3 more- something I may or may not be capable of handling. We never know what other issues people have in their lives, whether it be a health concern, financial or simply that they have children and have experience. I personally love children and thank the Lord daily for my beautiful son!
I have to remind myself that not everyone is in agreement with the Church's views on contraception.
Peace in Christ :)

Jun 01 new
That number depends on God, you, your husband, and your budget. For instance, in my case, I wanted three children, "enough to fill the backseat of my compact car." I know a family who has 7 kids. They attend the same mass as I do, and they come to mass in a big van.
This is something that you could discuss with your future husband beforehand.
This is also something you should pray about, to seek guidance.
Jun 07 new
(quote) Yenne-970772 said: Hi Danielle,

I don't know if this will answer your question but one thing is clear in my mind. That it is not for me alone to decide the number of children that I would have. It is between me, my spouse and God. For this reason, I answered "no ideal number" because I want to be open to having the number of children that God wants me and my future spouse to have based on a prayerful discernment of God's will for our family.

Having said that, I am praying to God to 'hurry up' in giving me my future spouse so that I could have the children that he wants me to have. Of course, I am kidding. While I pray and work on it, I leave everything to God's loving providence.

Have a great day!

+JMJ+

Touch !! smile
Posts 21 - 30 of 43