Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jun 7th 2013 new
+JMJ+ Well, let's try "Bravo!!" That was supposed to read "Touche" with an accent. embarassed
Apparently the new version does not accept accents.
Jun 7th 2013 new

At least four , as I have four- and more as I would accept his(if that is the case) and yet more again!I am open to having our own children together as well.I will leave it all up to God. smile
Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ Well, let's try "Bravo!!" That was supposed to read "Touche" with an accent.
Apparently the new version does not accept accents.
Merci! wave
Jun 9th 2013 new
I'd only worry if your preference is greater than zero and his (her) preference is "none", or vice versa. Personally, years ago, I would've said "4" and my [late] wife would've said "1 or 2". Ultimately, circumstances and God gave us "2". They are, of course, they are the greatest "2" on the earth!
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Yenne-970772 said: Hi Danielle,

I don't know if this will answer your question but one thing is clear in my mind. That it is not for me alone to decide the number of children that I would have. It is between me, my spouse and God. For this reason, I answered "no ideal number" because I want to be open to having the number of children that God wants me and my future spouse to have based on a prayerful discernment of God's will for our family.

Having said that, I am praying to God to 'hurry up' in giving me my future spouse so that I could have the children that he wants me to have. Of course, I am kidding. While I pray and work on it, I leave everything to God's loving providence.

Have a great day!

I agree with Yenne. I answer "don't have an ideal" because a lot will depend on my future wife and the circumstances of the marriage. The issue of contraception is important, but that is addressed elsewhere in the profile.
Jun 15th 2013 new
I'd say the more children, the stronger commitment you have with your partner. two cents
Jun 17th 2013 new
AMEN Joan!
NFP is not "Catholic birth control", it's for cases of extreme necessity and a granted practice with priest's permission. "I don't care"/"God's will be done" is definitely the most acceptable answer to me. : )
Jun 20th 2013 new
I have seven. Yep Seven. More wouldnt bother me in the least.
Jul 9th 2013 new
I don't think it has to match up but openness to children is important to me. They have to want at least two cause I have two. :)
Jul 9th 2013 new
I used to always say I wanted 13 children -- mostly to mean that I was open to as many children as God would bless me with -- but God only granted me 6, mostly I think because the ex 'cheated' on the rules of nfp (as well as all the other rules of a monogamous relationship) -- so I guess to get 'my 13' I should be looking for someone with 7, right? 6 + 7 = 13 !! tongue lovestruck! wink
Posts 31 - 40 of 43