Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jul 28th 2013 new
I put 5+ on mine because I wanted it to be clear that I was open to many children. Personally I want at least four. There are many practical reasons why that is a good number for a family. Playmates for each other, as they get older they can babysit their siblings, recycled clothing and such (get your money's worth out of those baby items), you aren't left alone when your first child goes off to college, and you can help build the catholic church. That being said, I know that God has a plan, and I trust that he knows what's best.
I don't like to see "don't have an ideal" on the child question because I wonder if that means that they haven't thought about it, or if they have what their thoughts on it are. I think CM asks for and IDEAL because it is trying to determine more about what you want and who you are, less about what you will get. I put what I wanted, not what I expect.
All that aside, I don't judge a person by what they put. If they put 1-2 then it opens up a discussion. If they are adamant about only having a few, I want to know the reason.
Aug 7th 2013 new
I'm the same. I cease to worry over it. I'm also open to adoption if that's GODs will but at the moment if I didn't have any it wouldn't bother me I accepted a few years ago that is probably wasn't in the cards for me. That's ok. I'd have a hard time fitting children in my life right now. Or I'd have to make significant changes.
Aug 7th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I have said it before and I will say it again: children are a gift, not a given. 
Definitely! God has had a way of leading me down paths I never would have chosen on my own. Children are so very important, so on this topic God will lead me where he wants me yet again. I can use logic to analyze the data I have, but that is a very tiny set compared to God's infinite knowledge. Our struggles teach us in ways we cannot comprehend, and certainly not understand, until later, if ever.
Posts 41 - 43 of 43