Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 29th 2013 new
We can delve in self- pity and give up , because of our circumstances, but I decided to have faith in God. I' m a recent widow and I want to give myself to another. It is hard to work on finding the new companion. I agree. The loneliness can be a time to become our true self until that special person comes into our lives. So I live to my fullest and God will show me my new partner. We all need faith and hope. One day I will love again and will share intimacy with a great man. Lord give us all peace.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Espe-410886 said: did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps it's not God's will? I too have been single for twenty-seven yrs., engaged twice long time ago but got cold feet. Now, I've been ready to meet Mr. right for the past eight or nine yrs. and, no luck.
I'm either being picked by very old men, men much younger then myself, men I'm not attracted to or if we start making contact, they soon stop?

At this point in my life, I'm just looking for great male marriage companionship and most men are looking for more then companionship.

I believe that we can continue to hope but sometimes we need to come to the conclusion that God wants something else for us.
Espe, you've said well what I often think. Sometimes we create our own frustration by saying we want and will accept God's will but do we really? Maybe we do as long as it is the plan we would have plotted for ourselves. Lot harder to relax and let His will be done.
May 29th 2013 new
I think Lauren may have put it best. Live the great life you have been blessed with even though there was a fork in your road. It may lead to greater experiences. However the forks in your living room will still reveal the same 4 walls.

thanks Lauren and Margo enjoy each day.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I would have given up years ago if there were a place to go to put in my papers and have the desire taken from me. The desire to love and be loved won't go away, so I am stuck hoping against hope that tomorrow might be different, but how can one give up when the desire just won't go away?
Andrew, You are so right: The desire to love and be loved won't go away. Thank God that we can all love each other here. Perhaps it's not romantic love, but you are receiving love right now long distance from the Mystical Body of Christ. We nourish each other.
May 29th 2013 new
Yes Margo!! :-))) I think sometimes we are guilty of dismissing this far more real and accessible type of love because it isn't the same as having that special other. But, it is still so vital to our lives and so many out there suffer from the want of any type of love. Breaks my heart. And, I know for certain, that I have experienced much love and care from the people here and am very blessed and grateful for it. Hugs. And, smile because you are Fabulous Dahling! :-)))
May 29th 2013 new
I don't know if I'll ever completely give up, but sometimes I am more at peace with my singleness than I am at other times.
May 29th 2013 new
We should never give up on love since God is love; although maybe we are not all meant to marry. If we are available for marriage through the eyes of the church, and desire to be married, then we should probably try to remain open to it, as that shows we have hope. If we get tired of worrying about it, we could just resign ourselves to whatever the Lord wishes for us and go about our lives.
May 29th 2013 new
I don't like to think of it as giving up..... but I don't want to have the mindset that I can only be happy if I find a man. That's setting myself up for disappointment, and gives the search for a relationship a feeling of desperation, not discernment.
May 29th 2013 new
I like Monica's response! biggrin
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Corinne-916860 said: We can delve in self- pity and give up , because of our circumstances, but I decided to have faith in God. I' m a recent widow and I want to give myself to another. It is hard to work on finding the new companion. I agree. The loneliness can be a time to become our true self until that special person comes into our lives. So I live to my fullest and God will show me my new partner. We all need faith and hope. One day I will love again and will share intimacy with a great man. Lord give us all peace.
Corinne, Welcome to Catholic Match and to the forums. "I decided to have faith in God" is such a strong response. May you learn, grow and love right here on Catholic Match.
Posts 21 - 30 of 128