Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 29th 2013 new
I'm wondering who's given up first? Women on me, of me on women? - LOL!
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: I'm wondering who's given up first? Women on me, of me on women? - LOL!
Never give up. We should never give up on our dreams. I like to put them in Jesus' lap as a child would. He will take care of us and our dreams.
May 30th 2013 new
Dear Margo,

You don't. As I have offered to other members of our site, the field (if that's the right word) is necessarily limited -sadly, it's a numbers game, and the numbers just aren't here at this (wonderful) site. I might suggest Eharmony. You can request practicing Catholics in your profile. True story: I received so many matches each day (at least 3 and up to 10) that I was so intimidated I quit the site! So you see, the ocean is large, and there are many other fishing boats, and Catholic men can be found in many of them.

Good luck. God bless.
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Thanks you, John. I saw somewhere on the forums that you sang "My Darling Clementine" during the get together in Phoenix. Sounds like fun. Yukon Territory, however, sounds cold and dark. How does that fit with your being single? How do you turn that around to your favor?
Being positive and seeing any location, situation(yes even disappointment!), friendship, chance encounter or relationship as evidence of God's handiwork. Living where I do can be cold and dark in winter. Right now its daylight almost all the time. I prefer to see that daylight all year long. It all depends on your attitude and outlook.

Yes, I did sing My Darling Clementine in Phoenix. I think we all have several songs in our hearts. Let us pray we can sing these songs before we die!
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) John-34848 said: Being positive and seeing any location, situation(yes even disappointment!), friendship, chance encounter or relationship as evidence of God's handiwork. Living where I do can be cold and dark in winter. Right now its daylight almost all the time. I prefer to see that daylight all year long. It all depends on your attitude and outlook.

Yes, I did sing My Darling Clementine in Phoenix. I think we all have several songs in our hearts. Let us pray we can sing these songs before we die!
A Maori saying that was on my fridge for years: Turn your face to the sun and the shadow falls behind you.
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: I'm wondering who's given up first? Women on me, of me on women? - LOL!
You know, Richard, I have wanted to rescue you many times as you play this "poor me" game. But I'm a single woman here looking for the love of my life. I've chosen to work on myself, to be positive. So if you like, check out http://www.changingminds.org and the poor me game. If you like, update your picture b/c yours looks quite outdated.
Respectfully,
Margo

May 30th 2013 new
Richard: I know you must be getting frustrated because you have not found your match, but there are many attractive women on this site. I am sure that you will find someone.
May 30th 2013 new
Never...Ever..Give up..Just focus your attention on other things, but always keep your ear to the ground.. I am 22+ years single.. 8+ years on here.. Larry came along when I was least expecting anything to happen.
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Maria-963080 said: Richard: I know you must be getting frustrated because you have not found your match, but there are many attractive women on this site. I am sure that you will find someone.
Thank you, Maria, for the encouraging words .... I hope you are prophetic ... Good luck to you as well ,,,,
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: I just have more time than usual in which to ponder my situation. Please share how you address this question yourselves, my friends. Sure I'm not the only person here with these struggles.
A long time ago I figured out, all things being equal, I'm probably not a good match for anyone, and you know what? I'm ok with that. They say there is a lid for every pot...but there are some pots that don't need lids.

I figure the Lord has other plans for me, so, rather than waiting around wondering what or who they may be, I'm doing what I'm called to do: active in my parish, teach, work, pray, and not worry. He knows what's best...I don't. When I figured out that unhappiness comes from trying to subvert His will for me, it became a lot easier to be happy by accepting the gifts he's already bestowed, improve upon those innate capabilities I was blessed with...and just keep going. If He decides I need someone...one will appear (if I'm conscious enough to recognize it...not ruling it out, but don't really think or even hope for it...que sera, sera.)

Bryan

Posts 31 - 40 of 128