Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 30th 2013 new
Great post, Lauren!
May 30th 2013 new
Barbara, Welcome to Catholic Match! Feel free to post often, ask a lot of questions and just in general dive in. Welcome. And thanks for picking my thread as your entry point.
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Monica-291280 said: I don't like to think of it as giving up..... but I don't want to have the mindset that I can only be happy if I find a man. That's setting myself up for disappointment, and gives the search for a relationship a feeling of desperation, not discernment.
thumbsup I know I have wasted so much of my life looking to the future and when I find the "right" man as to when I'll really be happy and truly be living. I think the quote goes: "The place to be happy is here. The time to be happy is now. The way to be happy is to make others so."

It's not a giving-up so much as it's perhaps moving it to a different place on our life list. As I/we work at attuning ourselves to God's Will, with that being our most important desire, all else will fall into place as He wishes it to be.

"Giving up" sounds regretful, with a tinge of keeping our eye on that goal. Centering on God's Will transforms us, and metamorphosizes our wants. Does the butterfly regret the caterpillar? He doesn't even remember it.
May 30th 2013 new
wave biggrin theheart lovestruck! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! NEVER!!!!!!!

I believe in miracles not
just that, but I RELY on them! It goes against my nature...Big time!!! Therefore, I can't give up until I'm on my deathbed. Praying It just goes against my nature. I'm here open to God's will and all the graces He wants to give me!!!

PS. getting used to the new format. I tried to make it look better 3X but it just went back to a weird looking sentence... :)
May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: "Giving up" sounds regretful, with a tinge of keeping our eye on that goal. Centering on God's Will transforms us, and metamorphosizes our wants. Does the butterfly regret the caterpillar? He doesn't even remember it.
Lina, my friend,
Your comment is just beautiful. You are truly being transformed, I can tell it by your words. And I am privileged to be a witness to that.
May 31st 2013 new
wave Hi Margo!

Don't spend a lot of time searching...... just blossom where you're planted, and have fun! Be thankful for, and enjoy the blessings each day brings. Focus on the big picture, and take the focus off self. Spend time giving back to others..... volunteer. Spread your love, God's love, to others. And then, when you're least expecting it, God may just send you a curve ball and knock your socks off when He sends Mr. Right into your life!

That's what happened to me..... my focus was on my students, volunteering, and just plain old having fun. Mr. Right came into my life on CM, disguised as a friend, and I didn't even know it! laughing Tom had been my friend for years before I even thought of him as a romantic interest. He and I were too busy having fun. And then I organized a CM event (CM RMA)....... Tom and I met face-to-face. wide eyed We knew each other so well, that other attendees thought we were a couple. Talk of possible romance didn't even start though, until after the event. We spent time traveling back and forth between Missouri and Pennsylvania to see each other, and eventually we got engaged. Next month we are getting married. heart

So....... you never know what God has in store for your life. Enjoy where He has you now. He loves you, and He's in charge..... trust, and let Him guide you.

May the peace of God embrace you, Margo. hug

May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Colette-443908 said:   Mr. Right came into my life on CM, disguised as a friend, and I didn't even know it! Tom had been my friend for years before I even thought of him as a romantic interest. He and I were too busy having fun. And then I organized a CM event (CM RMA)....... Tom and I met face-to-face. We knew each other so well, that other attendees thought we were a couple. Talk of possible romance didn't even start though, until after the event. We spent time traveling back and forth between Missouri and Pennsylvania to see each other, and eventually we got engaged. Next month we are getting married.
Colette and Tom,
Congratulations to you both; I am so happy for you. hug I also feel privileged that you shared your story here. That strong friendship will serve you well over the years in your marriage. Since I started this thread, I'm more optimistic about what the future holds for me. I hope everyone else is, too. Sometime you just need to vent to trusted friends.
Jun 1st 2013 new
Well, I am not giving up, but as another Sat nite alone is here, I feel like giving up ... Just being honest, if that counts for anything ,,,
Jun 1st 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Well, I am not giving up, but as another Sat nite alone is here, I feel like giving up ... Just being honest, if that counts for anything ,,,
Just got in from mowing the front lawn, the part that passersby see the most. The rest will get mowed later. So there I was out on Saturday night mowing my lawn, dateless as ever, wearings a pink Milwaukee Brewers tee shirt. (I looked good. embarassed) Guess I don't even realize when it's Saturday night, it's just another night for me. Guess that might mean I haven't had a lot of dates on Saturday night. laughing Now, did that cause me to isolate, cause me to be resilient or a little bit of both? wave
Jun 1st 2013 new
That's why we have CM on a Saturday night, to keep us old farts out of trouble! There's no telling what mischief we might get into.
Posts 41 - 50 of 128