Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 1st 2013 new
...depending which way the wind blows....
Jun 1st 2013 new
I don't know. I gave up, but I am not sitting and moping. I am trying to get myself out more. I travel for lots of marathons and I speak all over the country. Am I lonely? Yes. Do I believe in a chapter two? Yes, but again, the online thing has given me girlfriends that I can commisserate with, but nothing else. Maybe I am not an online girl.

I figure it this way. I will continue to see opportunities to grow myself and my faith. I pray that God takes the loneliness or that he puts the right person in my life and beats me over the head with it because I would probably not even notice. I stand with you, sister. If you ever need to get away, come visit in Boston. We will at least have fun laughing about our lot in life. Don't give up. You exude life!
Jun 2nd 2013 new
Like the Amityville HORROR!!!!! Get Out Get Out !!! Get out of the House Do 10 new things the next 3-4 months. Go on Vacation. Try meetup....Act young. Go Crazy Do Not Settle
Jun 2nd 2013 new
Like the Amityville HORROR!!!!! Get Out Get Out !!! Get out of the House Do 10 new things the next 3-4 months. Go on Vacation. Try meetup....Act young. Go Crazy Do Not Settle
Jun 2nd 2013 new
Yeah!!!!'mm
Jun 2nd 2013 new
what new thing have you done Jim in the last three months?

Jun 2nd 2013 new
Lauren, I plan to hijack this question for a new thread. Let's see who is REALLY stepping out of the box!
Jun 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: Lauren, I plan to hijack this question for a new thread. Let's see who is REALLY stepping out of the box!
Thank you! And it all started here, on this thread.
rose
Jun 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: That's why we have CM on a Saturday night, to keep us old farts out of trouble! There's no telling what mischief we might get into.
I was thinking abt the "It's Saturday night and I'm alone" cognition as I was catching up on my to-do things last night at home. I guess That is how I used to think when I was in my 20s and teens and didn't have a date. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but now that I'm in my 50s I am neither an "old fart" nor longing for a Saturday night date. I am a 57-yr-old woman who has had a remarkably productive life and is enjoying her life. I would like a husband to walk with me through the rest of my life. Sometimes I get a bit sad, I frequently work with married couples, that I don't have a "better half." But most of the time I'm OK with that and quite busy and happy.
Thanks for walking with me on this journey, my friends. rose
Jun 3rd 2013 new
I TRY to think of what I have, not what I don't have. This weekend, I did not have a date. I had neighbors over for coffee, went to a birthday party for an 80 year old, sat on my neighbor's porch in the twilight and had a glass of wine, had breakfast with friends from church, and was quoted by my daughter on Facebook, saying that her mom gives the best advice. So, my life is like a bouquet that is missing a couple flowers, but it can still smell sweet.
Posts 51 - 60 of 128