Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 28th 2013 new
I have lived all my life in the same township, because that is where my parents started it all almost 52 years ago. We lived for a few years five minutes from where I live now, and then I lived for about 25 years about twenty minutes from here. I have lived almost 23 years in my current location.
May 28th 2013 new
The realization that I have lived my entire life of 55 years within a 3-mile radius of West Duluth is weighing heavily on me these days, and I'm seriously considering moving, most likely to Florida where some friends are. Biggest challenge, though, would be finding somebody to hire a slightly shop-worn human resources person of my age... rather "long in the tooth", as they say in sports parlance.
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: How long have you lived in your town/area, and why?
Been here this last time for about 20 years, here only because of the divorce--keeping my son available to his father on a very regular basis. Looking to leave in about 2-3 years.

How about you, Marge?
May 28th 2013 new
Lived the first half of my life 30 years in the Bronx (Go Yankees!) and the 2nd Half of my life in Westchester County - next 30 years. I would love moving down South and get out of the cold weather and slower pace of living but you need to have either family or friends to make a move such as this. So for now, I'll stay put. I can appreciate a little country living after all these years.
May 28th 2013 new
Depends what you mean by live... I went to school in the US for a school year and worked in a France for 10 months.. but HOME was always here in Canada. :)
It's where my [large] family is and the mountains. It's where I know the roads and the traffic hours. ;) It's where there are no rats or cockroaches!
May 28th 2013 new
After I graduated High School, I averaged a new address every 6-9 months and it usually wasn't because I moved cross town. I've lived in Southern California for about 10 years and in Irvine for just over 7. It's the longest I've been at one address since I went away to school when I was 18. I think I had lived in 9 states within 6 or 7 years in my 20's

I love where I live because it's really family friendly orientated and you've got everything you could want within a drive. Mountains and skiing, Beach and Ocean, Zoos and museums, Amusement parks, desert, small town, big city. Can't beat the weather, however, I still think seeing Christmas lights on Palm Trees is just wrong and I miss the change in seasons. In my hears, Chicago will always be home.
May 29th 2013 new
I've lived in Oklahoma all of my life. I was born and raised in Oklahoma City and Pete and I lived in the City until 1998, then we moved to Lexington/Purcell. We had wanted to move to the country and buy some land. My sister had married a guy who had a farm in Lexington and we loved the area when we visited. We never did find the land we were looking for, but fell in love with the area. We moved to Purcell (only a river divides the two, well and a county line lol) in 2000. And, we love everything about it. The people are genuine and warm and we have a lot of friends here. Our parish is a fantastic family. You can complete all of your errands and bill paying in 30 minutes. It's close enough to the bigger cities should we need something from there, but it's quiet and peaceful and rural and just an awesome place to live. We had moved back to the city for about a year and a half after our youngest graduated high school, but we absolutely hated every single minute of it. We had just moved back two months before Pete was killed. I cannot imagine having to go through this last year in any other place. This is where all our friends are, most of our children and this is where love resides for us.
May 29th 2013 new
I have lived in my current location for 5 years and have lived in North Texas for the last 13 years. I moved here for work and to be on my own.
May 29th 2013 new
Born and raised in the islands. Worked as Marketing Director in Malaysia and Singapore for many years. Went back to the islands to take care of my old folks (who have gone home to the Lord). Now an empty-nester and inclined toward migrating to Canada to grow old with my sister who has lived there for almost 30 years. Currently involved in disaster preparedness rescue teams and volunteer missions. Don't know what places these missions will take me, but I feel secure walking with the Lord.
May 29th 2013 new
Born & raised in Wichita KS (well, a few years in Conway Springs KS)...college took me to Lawrence KS (KU), & Emporias KS (ESU). I did a VERY brief time in AZ, but back in KS. I stay here because of family & now because of the kids dad. And honestly, it is important to me that the kids go to a Catholic school. Wichita Diocese is on a tithe basis & could not afford to give them a Catholic education all the way through high school anywhere else. Besides, it is great to live in town that has 80 degree weather one day & the very next day snow! eyepopping
Posts 11 - 20 of 36