Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-824866 said: Born & raised in Wichita KS (well, a few years in Conway Springs KS)...college took me to Lawrence KS (KU), & Emporias KS (ESU). I did a VERY brief time in AZ, but back in KS. I stay here because of family & now because of the kids dad. And honestly, it is important to me that the kids go to a Catholic school. Wichita Diocese is on a tithe basis & could not afford to give them a Catholic education all the way through high school anywhere else. Besides, it is great to live in town that has 80 degree weather one day & the very next day snow!
eyebrow Well, now, Laura, I may not want to live in AZ forever, but I wouldn't call my years here as "doing time"....

wink

And I think that it was our current Bishop Olmsted who inaugurated the tithing system for schools back either in Kansas or maybe it was Missouri. Wish he would've done that here. Thank goodness for financial aid.
May 29th 2013 new
I have lived here my whole life and it has been a great place. Mostly a catholic area too.
May 29th 2013 new
eyebrow Wow. Where are all the folks who've moved around a lot?
May 29th 2013 new
I live in the town in which I grew up -- I was away for 4 years of college and for 4 years I lived around Erie, PA and for 3 years I lived in Ohio but I've lived here for the last 16 years! I'd love to see more of the world though.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Wow. Where are all the folks who've moved around a lot?
They're packing up for their next move so can't be on here right now! eyepopping
It appears my fingers got away from me again sorry
May 29th 2013 new
I've lived in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (province of Quebec, Canada) for 15 years. In that amount of time, I lived 2 years in Montreal. One year for school and the other to live in a faith and evangelization school. I've lived in many cities in my life. Having a father in the military, my family and I moved around quite a bit: - Shannon, Quebec 6 years, - Val-Belair, Quebec, 1 year - Oromocto, New Brunswick for 2 years - Gary, New Brunswick 3 years - Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan for 3 years. I was born there. The province of Quebec has been my home since I'm 8.
May 31st 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Wow. Where are all the folks who've moved around a lot?
I also lived in VA for a short period, so that's 4 states. Does that count as a lot?
May 31st 2013 new
Not me Marge. I was born and raised in Springfield MA and after graduating for nursing school, moved two towns over to Westfield MA. Seventeen years ago, we moved here to TN and that is the extent of my living experience....so far. I have a feeling at times that this is not the end of my journey though.

Eileen
May 31st 2013 new
I was born in Alberta and love the mountains...but lived most of my life in Saskatchewan and I think that whole "no rats in Alberta" thing is a big myth. I highly doubt the rats pay any attention at all to the border tongue
May 31st 2013 new
I've been here for 13 years. Moved here for my ex-husbands job and staying for the time being as my daughter is a senior. Lived in Fargo, ND for five years prior to this but grew up in Superior, WI.
Posts 21 - 30 of 36