As you may have noticed, a separate spellchecker is no longer included in our textboxes because they are included in most browsers. If you browser type is not listed here and you need assistance locating instructions, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you.
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings
- In the "Languages" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
- In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" checkbox to turn the spell-checker on or off.
According to the Mozilla website, this feature should be enabled by default, however, these instructions can be used if it was disabled at any point.
- Open the Firefox Menu
- Select Options
- Select the Advanced panel
- Click the General tab
- Add a checkmark to the box marked "Check my spelling as I type"
Those who are not using the most recent version of Internet Explorer will need to upgrade to version 10 before following these instructions. Click here for instructions on how to upgrade to the most recent version.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your browser
- Select "Manage Add-Ons"
- Select "Spelling Correction" in the left column
- Select your desired language
- Add a checkmark to the box marked "Enable spelling correction"
- Click in a text field.
- On the menu bar, go to Edit / Spelling and Grammar / Check Spelling While Typing.