Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 5th 2013 new
Naomi,

This cracked me up. I've done the same to my kids, but even funnier is when their friends would think their dad was cute, lol. And, one day, my daughter Bri called me from work, completely flustered. After I got her calmed down enough to actually hear what she was saying, evidently one of the older women she worked with was going on and on about one of their customers and how good looking he was and should she put her number on his receipt. Bri asks her which guy and the woman points him out. Bri was dumbfounded and outraged lol. . .because it was her dad. I don't know what bothered her more, that the girl wanted to get to know her dad or that she thought her dad was good looking, lol. Needless to say, Bri straightened her out pretty quick.
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Naomi,

This cracked me up. I've done the same to my kids, but even funnier is when their friends would think their dad was cute, lol. And, one day, my daughter Bri called me from work, completely flustered. After I got her calmed down enough to actually hear what she was saying, evidently one of the older women she worked with was going on and on about one of their customers and how good looking he was and should she put her number on his receipt. Bri asks her which guy and the woman points him out. Bri was dumbfounded and outraged lol. . .because it was her dad. I don't know what bothered her more, that the girl wanted to get to know her dad or that she thought her dad was good looking, lol. Needless to say, Bri straightened her out pretty quick.
laughing But you cut him loose?! laughing
Jun 5th 2013 new
But you cut him loose?!

Nope, I didn't cut him loose. . .
Jun 5th 2013 new
For me, looks are fairly important- but not at the expense of other, more important qualities. If those aren't there, I can't date you. But if those other, more important qualities are there, and the looks are NOT, sorry, no go.
Jun 5th 2013 new
Marge's comment about "A kind heart..." is very true. I have found a man to be very handsome and after spending time with him his harshness and lack of kindness made me think him not so handsome.
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: But you cut him loose?!

Nope, I didn't cut him loose. . .
Laura,
There I go not thinking ahead and putting my foot in my mouth, AGAIN!
Thanks for a handling my comment with class.
Jun 5th 2013 new
I don't know. I do think that they matter a little bit. I mean, I am active and though I am not looking for it, I tend to gravitate towards athletic tall men. I can go older or younger, but I want someone that does take care of himself. I will say this, looks grow on me when I am interested in a person.
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said:  Writing it down just makes a man look shallow.

Yep!!! Thank you.
Jun 5th 2013 new
I'm not so sure its looks, but a certain presence I find attractive, confident, strong, calm, capable, with a great deep laugh and twinkling eyes and an impish grin. . .
Jun 5th 2013 new
Interesting question.... I know what might "catch my eye" but that's passing and fleeting. What do I really find attractive? How important is it in a relationship? There has to a certain attraction, interest, or chemistry to want to pursue interaction and communication. I know what I find unattractive- poor hygiene, lack of a decent haircut, or poorly trimmed facial hair (but the lack of shaving for a day or two isn't so bad!), Personality, ability to converse, self-awareness, kindness to others, and love for the Lord..... now that makes a man very attractive.
Posts 21 - 30 of 77