Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 05 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: To a certain extent they do matter but looks are subjective. What attracts someone to one person can put another person off.
Ann, you hit the nail on the head! Though if I could add one thing, according to 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and it belongs to God. To me, its important that we not only use our bodies to worship God and give Him praise in the things that we do in our lives, and that we take care of our bodies as well. In turn, I find that people who take time to volunteer in events and activities sponsored by their Parish or simply help others are all attractive traits that go beyond superficial qualities. Of course, in the same token, people who don't respect the bodies that God has given them or take their lives for granted are definite negatives for me.
Jun 05 new
When I'm aimlessly wandering around people watching I always observe all shapes, sizes, colors and a wide spectrum of looks who are coupled up. So I think we all have a shot at finding someone who finds us attractive. As its already been stated what is physically attractive to people is varied and subjective.
Jun 05 new
(quote) John-917143 said:
.... according to 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and it belongs to God. To me, its important that we not only use our bodies to worship God and give Him praise in the things that we do in our lives, and that we take care of our bodies as well. 
Now, that drives the nail home, John! Well said.

health - hygiene - and ultimate beauty: CHASTITY with a clean soul

Keeping a clean house (our bodies, mind and soul) for the Lord. Who knows, He could possibly bring a spouse along for THREE to get married :) Reference: Blessed Fulton J Sheen.

Ah, my guests are here.... later all.
Jun 05 new
Looks are like a book cover that attracts people to us, but as they begin to read about or learn more about the contents ( soul, brain, heart) they begin to make judgments. Do I continue to read more or is this just garbage? So as we look to the opposite sex we are attracted to them ( cover) and what holds our attention as stated is the inner beauty , which grows and strengthens ones attractiveness to another.
Jun 05 new
Looks are like a book cover that attracts people to us, but as they begin to read about or learn more about the contents ( soul, brain, heart) they begin to make judgments. Do I continue to read more or is this just garbage? So as we look to the opposite sex we are attracted to them ( cover) and what holds our attention as stated is the inner beauty , which grows and strengthens ones attractiveness to another.
Jun 06 new
Smart girl Naomi, and smart Mom...
teaching her children by example what TRUE love really is.
I've experienced the same as you,concerning dating...even the most handsome men slip down a few notches by what they will say, or don't say (I'm big on manners) do, or not do (be a gentleman, open the door for me, don't walk in front of me!)
There is nothing wrong with needing to be physically attracted enough to someone in order to want to meet them (on CM)
or date them... but I'm like you...one thing he has to be, is tall.
Definitely taller than me. :-)

Jun 06 new
Smart girl Naomi, and smart Mom...
teaching her children by example what TRUE love really is.
I've experienced the same as you,concerning dating...even the most handsome men slip down a few notches by what they will say, or don't say (I'm big on manners) do, or not do (be a gentleman, open the door for me, don't walk in front of me!)
There is nothing wrong with needing to be physically attracted enough to someone in order to want to meet them (on CM)
or date them... but I'm like you...one thing he has to be, is tall.
Definitely taller than me. :-)

Jun 06 new
Looks are not permanent. I am attracted to the inner beauty in the person, someone who is accepting of himself, someone comfortable in his own skin, someone with a genuine warm smile, someone who has his heart on God's kingdom. I am attracted to people's eyes - I see warmth and kindness in them. I see the heart of the person and that is what attracts me.

I think we are attracted to the entire package - not just the cover but the contents also. And most often the contents flow through the packaging.
Jun 06 new
Pauline you stated what I was thinking. As we look in another persons eyes we see their soul and warmth. That is very attractive, but as we look across the room we only see their physical being. This attracts us to approach them . The expression the eyes the manner in which they carry themselves makes them attractive or not. Their eyes , manner and speech are what keeps the attraction and wonderment to continue being attracted them. Seeing God and spirit is so beautiful in a person through their eyes.
Jun 06 new
This is how superficial the "Looks" thing can be. Many years ago at work a new physician arrived on the service. I heard from so many women how "gorgeous" he was. My first interaction with him was in a meeting. It only took two minutes to assess and confirm what he was like and how he would interact with the team. Our clinic coordinator commented later that same day "l heard he's really good looking." I just laughed and told her took two minutes for him to go from good looking to drop dead annoying, irritating, and another ego to step around while trying to get my work done. So those genetic good looks don't count for much.
Posts 31 - 40 of 77