Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: As a single person living alone most likely do you ever worry over your security.
I have a fatalistic view of life, so I don't worry about much my security. That said, I still take some basic precautions. Other than that, I sleep like a baby every night.
There are some cheap 2-cameras security systems out there with motion detection that could help you get more peace of mind. They are wireless, and basically plug-and-play, so you don't need to be an electrician to install one. All you need is a screwdriver.
Jun 10th 2013 new
i didn't think i was a dog person either until i got my 1st Newfounland. They are a huge dog and despite the shedding, pretty easy to get along with since they're laid back and easy to convince any schedule is perfect. Mine is the safest companion for walking since no-one will accost a large, black, bear-looking thing walking a woman on a mission. The best way to afford feeding such a mammoth is to foster a dog. Almost all of the dog or cat rescue agencys are very willing to feed what is your pet in trade for caring for a foster-animal to socialize the animal and the companionship is good for your pet as well.

i've also set up video-equipment throughout my home that shows a continual video of whatever is going on in any room so if anyone comes in, there will be recorded evidence. This can be done far less expensively if done by yourself than by any security company by running video cameras to a separate personal computer with a battery back-up to ensure there isn't a breach of time in the video by the intruder stopping the electricity. Obviously a good graphics card is the most expensive part of doing this but it is still far less expensive than hiring a security company and becoming dependent upon them. Any store who sells these items will be interested in telling a woman how to set such things up.
Jun 25th 2013 new
Had my second break in within a month. Having a security system installed. Problem is I work 2 jobs and often don't get home till late at night :-( I'm ready to dump this house honestly it's nothing but a pain.
Jun 25th 2013 new
We are all vulnerable. I just read the news about a NJ mom who was viciously attacked in the middle of the day by a brutal robber. The video is horrifying. And it all took place in front of her 3-year-old daughter. Also today, I got a call from my bank warning me about fraudulent charges on my debit card. Danger lurks everywhere! Be safe out there!
Jun 25th 2013 new
Ann, excellent question. Do you live in a house or apartment? In a large city or a town? My sister lived with a group of lady friends in a flat when in college, and after it moved back to my parents, bc she is also single.
Jun 26th 2013 new
I've lived on my own for over a decade before that I lived with people or family. It was nice to have folks around. I've often thought of getting a roommates but that can be a tricky business finding something you can live with who's morals and outlook match you own.
Posts 21 - 26 of 26