Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 13th 2013 new
Simple answer: No.

I only pray to kinow what path God wants me to walk down, and to have the courage to go down it.
Jun 13th 2013 new
I pray for contentment with what I have. If looking for a love relationship takes up my whole life, I will be overlooking many other good things that I do have.. family, friends, great neighbors. Its the half glass, full or empty.
Jun 14th 2013 new
I pray for the wisdom to discern where best to place my self, gifts, and talents. I pray that I am open to whatever opportunities are presented in my life. And sometimes, yes, I pray for a husband to walk up, club my head, and pull me to his cave! (Or something like that since I am so oblivious to subtle flirts)
Most of the time my prayer seems more like presence and openness to God, rather than a recitation of petitions. And I will honestly say that I have simply cried in the safe presence of our loving God who knows that even the most faithful, and strong can feel incredibly alone and vulnerable.
Jun 14th 2013 new
I pray to be able to grow where I am planted and to be shown what path I should follow. He knows what is best for me, I need to be patient .
Jun 24th 2013 new
good evening! Hope this finds everyone well. I myself pray for wisdom in hopes a finding someone that loves me for who I am! I'm sorry for your personal losses. However --what are my chances of finding someone to love me as a five-time cancer patient? I don't believe someone who's been through personal losses would want to risk it again? but I think if you get to know me, Iam a likeable person!so is that fair, or should I stop looking and praying now?Thanks..God's blessings
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Theresa-903658 said: good evening! Hope this finds everyone well. I myself pray for wisdom in hopes a finding someone that loves me for who I am! I'm sorry for your personal losses. However --what are my chances of finding someone to love me as a five-time cancer patient? I don't believe someone who's been through personal losses would want to risk it again? but I think if you get to know me, Iam a likeable person!so is that fair, or should I stop looking and praying now?Thanks..God's blessings
My brother's past girlfriend, Pauline, is a cancer survivor too. After her break up with my brother she did find a man that loved her. Since both are retired and he owns his plane, they travel a lot together and they own a home in N.FL on an airport. It doesn't matter if you are a cancer survivor or have cancer now. There is someone who will love you for being you on this earth.

I don't pray for love anymore. I used to but have discovered that what I pray for and what I want isn't what God wants me to have. So, I enjoy my time with every family member now and I make and keep a lot of good friends along my path. My journey has been long and weary at times but I manage to pull through because I know things don't always stay the same.

Jun 30th 2013 new
I light a candle in church every week . That person will be very special when it happens .
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: I light a candle in church every week . That person will be very special when it happens .
faint Beautiful prayer Michael!

I pray for God to prepare my heart and form me specifically for my husband and for HTB (Husband to be) to be protected from all evil and temptation- and that we recognize one another in the heart of Jesus. When I am in Eucharistic Adoration I feel closest to the Lord and HTB theheart
Jun 30th 2013 new
I hope that in addition to the candles you are also sending out emotigrams and messages!

wink

laughing
Jun 30th 2013 new
Marge! That was a good one! laughing laughing laughing laughing

but seriously, do we send out enough emotes or answer enough emotes?

and do we say the right thing?

and do I pray for love?

Ah maybe not, but I pray for a deep friendship, filled with compassion, kindness, respect and humor.
Posts 11 - 20 of 77