Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 12 new

Heaven is a gift,,,it can not be earned...No one is worthy...But Jesus died so we can have the Hope....The more analytical scutiny to the 10 millionth degree,,,the more confusing and Jesus said to come AS A Child....

I realize the printed word is one dimensional,,,but it seems like a few of the last posters are either trying to shine in the KNOWLEDGE SPOTLIGHT or demote others while elevating themselves...

Even the seminar that I attended this week on Vatican II spoke of the simplification and total encompassing of the church community as priorities...

Knowledge for knowledge sake can be so cold and un-calculating....I have to believe Jesus when He talked of Love.......

So often,,there are rude, harsh debates here about whose Catholic Christianity is correct and whose is wrong...

I believe God would be ashamed of you people....
I pray for your elimination of your coldness and a warm transfusion of warmth and compassion and love mixed with a dose of feelings..

Amen...
Aug 12 new
Maybe there should be a Debate forum so when something starts turning into one, they can take it there and leave the thread's subject where it belongs.. on topic. Just my humble opinion.
Aug 12 new

Back on topic.....I do pray for Love.....I will continue to pray for love....I do realize that I will not find it here....
The form of love found mostly here is the love of people proving how knowledgeable and Religious they are...

Who can' quote every page and sub-section from the Catechism or every edict from every century...
I can quote a good deal of The New Testament.....I know that Nicodemus was very Religious and knowledgeable,,but Jesus said that No One comes to The Father excepth through Him..( Jesus ).....We need to accept Jesus and His Death and Ressurrection and strive to have a meaningful relationship with Jesus.....
Aug 12 new
Its hard for me not to pray for love, but I don't. Sure I want to find true love and live the rest of my life as a loving wife to a wonderful man but.. that may not be God's plan for me.
So instead of praying for love.. I pray that God's will be done and that He guides me in the direction He wants me to go. I pray that He gives the the strength to follow His path and the courage to stay on track. Whatever He has in store for me, let it be His will, not my own.

Aug 12 new
Prayer is very personal, but two or more gather a prayer will be answer. Arguing about the form or if prayer is useless is not an argument to be discuss. Only one can see the value of the prayer are the person or persons and God. He is the One who answered them on His time. The question is do you pray for love that's all. It is a yes or no answer. Don't judge those who have little faith only The Lord will judge them. Peace, hope and patience I pray for those who feel prayer has no value in their life.
Aug 12 new
I do pray for Love
Aug 12 new
Mary, I agree that this is sad. But, people come to a thread with their own perceptions, and often the original question gets sidetracked.

Someone in the thread was questioning the role of prayer, and posted links to a secular humanist website / article. Since secular humanism specifically rejects religious dogma, amongst other things, as the basis of morality and ethical decision-making, it holds that human beings are capable of being ethical and moral without religion or God. That is not only contrary to Catholic teaching and practice, it violates the terms of use for this site, and it also detracts from the spirit of the original post.

To get back to Kenny's original post, yes, I do pray for Love.
Aug 12 new
I pray for love. But I also pray that God's will be done, and if that is to find love than that is what will be. If it is to remain single, than I will have to accept that as well. God knows what I need and what His plans are for me. I ask him that often, what are His plans for me? hug
Aug 13 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: No prayer is ever misguided -- as long as we don't expect it to be answered in precisely the manner we ask. Even then they are not wasted: simply by turning to God rather than ourselves, no matter how flawed the execution may be, provides some spiritual merit.

Giving up on prayer, on the other hand, is a great waste.

Thanks, Jerry, for adding these precepts to the conversation.
I, too, believe that no prayer is ever wasted & even the most lowly, most humble of prayers can be answered if it is God's will.
Just recently I sent a petition to the Shrine of St. Jude in regard to what seemed an impossible situation. At the end of my prayer request I was about to add a "disclaimer" of sorts, but then I thought, "No! This may be a small matter in the global scheme of things, but to us, right now, it is a major issue, so don't apologize for asking!" I received an answer to that prayer within 24 hours! Never, never, never stop praying--not just asking, but praising as well! theheart Praying
Aug 13 new
Yes I do pray for love.
Posts 61 - 70 of 77