Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 10th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: I have a full plate from August until the end of the year, so I am not sure if I can make time for another trip to Arizona. That being said, the November date would be better for me. As far as activities; I have always liked caverns and have been to a few here in the east. The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum sounds kinda cool too.
Full plate, Allen? rolling eyes Then it's time to go on a diet... laughing laughing Cut out the "junk meetings"...

I also like the caverns, and loved the arboretum and state park hike that some of us took in Spring. I'm really up for anything (EXCEPT shopping faint ), including another comedian show, concert, or game.

I vote for November again, but I can make the October date if that's what's best for others.
Jun 10th 2013 new
(quote) Beverly-649723 said: Full plate, Allen? Then it's time to go on a diet... Cut out the "junk meetings"...

I also like the caverns, and loved the arboretum and state park hike that some of us took in Spring. I'm really up for anything (EXCEPT shopping ), including another comedian show, concert, or game.

I vote for November again, but I can make the October date if that's what's best for others.
I can cross off thee Jeep Tour at Sedona...Been there, done that!
Jun 10th 2013 new
John, would you consider coming to AZ again in the fall?
Jun 10th 2013 new
wave I might consider coming. Need to look at cash flow. The October weekend would be fun since it's right before my birthday (the 15th).
Jun 10th 2013 new
If I come, and rent a wheelchair accessible van Rolling Along which we will share, would others be willing to split the cost? I did this with friends in Memphis over Memorial Day weekend and it worked out well.
Jun 10th 2013 new
I don't see why not! Once I finalize an itinerary (I'll look to see which rare places would not be wheelchair-accessible), I can certainly include that aspect in the posting. If you could find out what the daily rate for such a van would be here, and how many people fit in the van, that would be most helpful.

I just thought of the airport situation. I'm thinking it'll be cheaper to fly into Phx Sky Harbor Airport, then carpool down to Tucson. Each person will have to see which way works out best for them. So, Zoom, you might see what the rental rates in Phx would be versus Tucson.

Good thing to post this so far in advance! All sorts of considerations can be worked out ahead of time.

Would be great to meet you, Zoom!
Jun 11th 2013 new
I used to live in Tucson and LOVED to visit the San Xavier Mission, as well as the Sonoran Desert Museum and Colossal Cave. I have never been to Kartchner Caverns but it is on my "bucket list" of things to do in AZ before I move out of this heat, though it is at least another hour south of Tucson. What about a tram ride up Sabino Canyon and for those that want to hike/walk, that could be an option too? Just throwing more ideas out there. I am not interested in the plane graveyard or any other military stop. Biosphere is northwest of Tucson, a little out of the way. THANKS again Lina.
Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said:
I just thought of the airport situation. I'm thinking it'll be cheaper to fly into Phx Sky Harbor Airport, then carpool down to Tucson. Each person will have to see which way works out best for them. So, Zoom, you might see what the rental rates in Phx would be versus Tucson.

I priced some flights for Columbus Day weekend. Prices from Pittsburgh (my home airport) seem to be competitive for either destination. But, for Phoenix I have two choices for nonstop flights -- US Airways or Southwest. There are no nonstops from Pittsburgh to Tucson.
Jun 11th 2013 new
Comparing the car rental price, then, might determine into which airport you'll fly.... I am curious as to the price of the rental.

I haven't determined which weekend in the fall I can do this yet, though, so don't go making any reservations, please!
Jun 11th 2013 new
I think it was about $100-$150 cheaper to fly into Phoenix IF I chose an itinerary that required a layover.

But I prefer nonstops when I can get them. For my recent Pittsburgh->New Orleans->Memphis->Pittsburgh itinerary, I chose Delta over United, even though Delta was more expensive, because the last two segments were nonstop flights.
Posts 11 - 20 of 40