Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 11th 2013 new
My sister travels alot for her job and she said car rental prices in Phoenix are the highest of all major cities eyepopping
Jun 11th 2013 new
eyepopping sad
Jun 11th 2013 new
I just checked Wheelchair Getaways for Phoenix. Their rates are $100 per day for 2-7 days, with airport pickup and return at $35 each way. That's actually slightly less than I paid in Memphis.

They had a listing for Tucson, but when I clicked on it, they had a note saying they were "not able to make it work" there, but they'd be happy to provide service from Phoenix.

There is another company, Accessible Vans of America, that has an affiliate in Phoenix. They say they have a "weekend special". I will plan to call them and inquire about that.
Jun 11th 2013 new
The other company, AVA Wheelchair Van Rentals of Phoenix

www.wheelchairvanrental.com Rolling Along

Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: John, would you consider coming to AZ again in the fall?
Hi Lina! I'd love to go to AZ. However, finances dictate that it won\t be in Fall 2013.

John
Jun 12th 2013 new
you guys should try to have a meal at Caruso's in Tucson. it's a great place.
Jun 12th 2013 new
Thanks for the suggestion, Rich. I'll put it on my list. Patrick from Tucson gave some restaurant suggestions too. I just wasn't mentioning eateries till later.

Think you'll join us?
Jun 13th 2013 new
(quote) Rich-180042 said: you guys should try to have a meal at Caruso's in Tucson. it's a great place.
Yeah, Caruso's is good....but they aren't anything compared to EEGEE's!! Tucson has several good eating spots, I just have to check and see if my old favorites are still open for business. We lived really close to The Tack Room on Sabino Vista Rd, but it is rather pricey. I am sure we can find a nice place with the "old Tucson" feel.
Jun 15th 2013 new
Hello all,

Wanted to mention that I'd be happy to shuttle some people to Tucson from Phoenix if some would like to carpool once a date is chosen.

I've been to a restaurant in Tucson called Pinnacle Peak. It's a sawdust on the floor kind of place in a plaza of western style shops and I recall the food being pretty good and not terribly expensive. I think they have gunfights or some kind of cowboy show. Joan, you might be familiar with it.

I'm sure we'll have lots of choices when we get to that point. Thanks LIna for once again organizing us.

You're amazing!
Posts 21 - 30 of 40