Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 09 new
I just wanted to say one more thing To me this is what I consider to be games this is why I left for over a year If I send someone a gift or flowers I want to hear a Thank you either in person a phone call or a card. This is just Common courtesy.
Jun 09 new
If the person is not a paying member they can receive a message, but are unable to read or respond to it.
Jun 09 new
Its so hard not to take it personally. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. If someone takes the time to contact me I will at least say thank you or hello.
Jun 09 new
I've used this site for months, messaged several people and as a whole have done fairly well, in terms of getting responses when people are are interested in talking, or getting to know one another. That said, when I assume they're not, I've never gotten a single response, and over time I've grown to not let it bother me. It's unfortunate that you've had that experience, but what I gathered from my own was, that the person simply isn't interested and that's the end of that.

I take the approach of assuming I won't get a response to my messages, and send them out to people I find interesting. When I do get a response it's a pleasant surprise every time, as I have a new person I can get to know, and maybe establish a connection with. In a sense I think I prefer just not getting a response, because I don't need any excuses or to be told someone isn't interested in me. I know who I am, and am proud of that. If someone doesn't respond, that's their choice and as I said earlier, it's easier to assume they're not interested. I'm not saying this works for everyone, or feels great by any means, but there doesn't seem to be an established online etiquette and even Catholic Match a while ago had a blog post about that exact thing and how online dating sites are still relatively new, so firm rules on how to deal with messages and such aren't firmly established.

Just keep your head held high, be proud of who you are, and do your best. God willing, you'll find the right person, either through here or in real life. Either way though, I'll pray for your success.
Jun 09 new

Do unto others....It is Christian charity to be polite and answer.I still continue to answer anything,the same as if I exchanged words or a smile in real life (i.e on the street) It doesn't cost :)
Jun 09 new
Actually, some people have not paid their fee to write a message back...so note that is a consideration..
Jun 09 new
Emmanuel gave a very thoughtful answer that I agree with totally. I would add that the reason I don't respond every time is, I don't really believe it would make the other person feel any better. Not really. I mean, who wants to hear, "Sorry, but I'm not interested"? You can take it as fact, that if you don't receive a response, then the other person is simply not interested. If they were, they would respond in a New York minute, I promise. Take heart. We all (I think) experience the same. It's no shame - it's just the nature of online contact.

Good luck. God bless.
Jun 09 new
I may have forgotten once scratchchin
When I visit someones profile I feel a little like trespassing and I do wish there was an emoticon for 'thanks for letting me view your profile ,prayers for you on your search.
Jun 09 new
Sometimes, not only will people not respond(which is ok, if they're not interested), but they won't even look at your profile. Seriously, what's up with that?
Jun 09 new
I've often wondered the same thing. Internet dating can be very impersonal.
Posts 11 - 20 of 74