Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: Laura this is not actually true and it is one of the most mis-perpepetuated reasons that I have see over the years. For what ever reason many, many many people do not want to subscribe until they either want to initiate contact with one or more people OR they want to read & possibly respond to someone who messaged them. In over 14 years of working in CatholicMatch I have NEVER been told by a single person who either of these two things.

"I saw someone on CatholicMatch I really wanted to talk with but I simply refused to subscribe in order to try and meet them.

"I go a message from a [guy] / [women] and I wanted to respond to them but I simply refused to subscribe."

The harsh reality for people (including myself when I was single) is that if someone doesn't respond to you they are either not interested or simply pre-occumpied with other things in their life or a combination of the two. While that can be tough to take it can often be liberating because you can quickly move on to someone who is interested.
Actually, despite finding people I was interested in getting to know I was unable to afford CatholicMatch for awhile.

One of my good friends is currently going through the same thing. It's simply not in her budget to join CatholicMatch (especially if she'll have to pay for dates in addition to the membership). Therefore, she just stays a browsing member and cannot message anyone in response.
Jun 14th 2013 new
I guess I'm naive. I've responded to some one that turned out to be a scammer. I didn't give out any personal information but I tried to be nice in my telling him I wasn't interested. Duhhhhh....
Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) Francesca-633457 said: If the person is not a paying member they can receive a message, but are unable to read or respond to it.
They CAN respond , but in only one way ___a Blank emot!
Jun 14th 2013 new
But it IS true, they can not " read" your message!
Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Andrew, I believe Marge was using her very dry sense of humor in her response.
And I replied with my equally dry sense of humor. Good thing we are not in Colorado Springs; we would probably catch fire.
Jun 14th 2013 new
Oooh. Burned!

rolling eyes

Jun 14th 2013 new

My dog ate my homework....
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Oooh. Burned!

flamed
Jun 15th 2013 new
There are many reasons why,there is no reciprocation:
(1) Trial members don't have the ability to respond.
(2) Some are only here for Catholic dialogue.
(3) A number of people might be in different states.
(4) There is an item in the profile,which is unacceptable to the other person.
(5) Some people are only seeking friendship.
(6) A number of us "get lost",in the forums.
(7) We don't feel compatibility,with the person who sent the message.
(8) Since we are on the computer,it isn't as personal.
(9) Not everyone feels a sense of obligation.
(10) Our profile photo is unattractive to the sender.
(11) Some CM members are very busy and don't spend much time here.

I'm sure there are other reasons...

Jun 15th 2013 new
Oh, dang. I wish I'da said that.

Is there a "headdesk" emoticon?
Posts 51 - 60 of 74