Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Oh, dang. I wish I'da said that.

Is there a "headdesk" emoticon?
No, but you might like this one: soapbox

Hopefully, I won't need this one: duck

laughing
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Cara-868560 said:

One of my good friends is currently going through the same thing. It's simply not in her budget to join CatholicMatch (especially if she'll have to pay for dates in addition to the membership). Therefore, she just stays a browsing member and cannot message anyone in response.
To your friend Cara....

Please let her know, if she is invited out on a date, and he expects her to pay any part of it, he's not the one for her. This holds true for the first several dates.

Jun 15th 2013 new
I rarely come across rudeness versus total silence. I'd rather someone just come out and say that "I don't think we are a match but thank you asking/inquiring"... or whatever the initial communication was such as emotion thingy> emotiongram???. Though there is truth in the saying, "silence speaks volumes". I just take it as they are not interested in beginning a dialogue. WE are all at an age of mutual respect and self confidence that we should no longer fear a rude response. Should that happen, then be grateful that this is a type of person you really would not want to be in communication with. Keep the Holy Spirit guiding you to your true self. xo Joyce
Jun 16th 2013 new
Thank you Trish. That is wonderful. If you are not interested just say something or just say Buzz off. It is better to have someone say something then wonder why.
Jun 16th 2013 new
Also the problem is like so many have stated already if they don't have a full membership then they can't do much. This is where Catholic Match need's to do something sometimes I know I get mad when someone does not send something back but I forget they may not be able to. Catholic match need's to do something about letting people know about the status instead of just having people wonder why someone is not able to reply back to a message. Just something like this member is not able to rely back to your message that way the person who sent it and not think that person is trying to avoid them. They have you in a catch 22 situation on this site you want to meet people but you can't unless they are a full paying member. because they can't get back to you.
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: Also the problem is like so many have stated already if they don't have a full membership then they can't do much. This is where Catholic Match need's to do something sometimes I know I get mad when someone does not send something back but I forget they may not be able to. Catholic match need's to do something about letting people know about the status instead of just having people wonder why someone is not able to reply back to a message. Just something like this member is not able to rely back to your message that way the person who sent it and not think that person is trying to avoid them. They have you in a catch 22 situation on this site you want to meet people but you can't unless they are a full paying member. because they can't get back to you.
Sounds like a reasonable suggestion, Steven. If we just knew they couldn't respond, then we wouldn't wonder.
Jun 16th 2013 new
I've been wondering why that is. I understand not allowing people to put contact info in their profiles, as that would subvert the entire system, but why isn't there an indicator as to whether someone is full member or free?
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: The purpose of this site is to meet, date and marry (although there are some who state in their profiles they are interested in friends only). For someone to just look at pictures and make contact without showing any interest in the profile no matter the length, indicates their attention is only physical. That is shallow and yes I find it insulting. If they dismiss the profile, then what else will they dismiss? I respect anyone who reads a profile, finds conflicts (IE age parameters) and sends a request to the person to reconsider. It shows a true interest in the person.
I agree with you here 100%. It means a lot when someone messages me and the things they mention show that they have actually read through my profile. Similarly, it leaves a bad impression if they ask questions or go over topics that were already covered in my profile.
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: I've been wondering why that is. I understand not allowing people to put contact info in their profiles, as that would subvert the entire system, but why isn't there an indicator as to whether someone is full member or free?
I've always wondered the same thing.
Jun 17th 2013 new
My personal view is that anyone who only has the thought/creativity/inclination/energy to send me an emotigram is not the type of person that I would develop a relationship with. If they are unwilling to make an effort at a little more communication, it shows to me that they are unwilling to make an effort at a relationship. Im new at Catholic Match, and I have yet to receive a message that is more than a hello or an emotigram. Responding with, thanks but no thanks, would require more effort on my part than the feeble effort they made in contacting me!
Posts 61 - 70 of 74