Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 23 new
do you accept if I bring tofu steak? lol
Jul 12 new
(quote) Deb-926847 said: Maybe at a state park?
Have you decided on what state park and what date???? It will be a lot of fun...
Jul 13 new
Hi all! I was hoping for more strong yes replies before organizing. I wish I had an idea to make the local community more vibrant...Still thinking:)
Jul 13 new

One NYer here stepping up. I am interested but am pretty booked every weekend this summer with family weddings/events etc. After the summer is over is best even though I don't think that will be the popular consensus. Just let me know if/when it's planned. Would love to join if I can.

Jul 13 new
Good Idea! Wouldn't it be great if a Priest started us off with an outdoor Mass? There are also Catholic facilities/retreat centers (Mirimar in Duxbury, Sisters of St. Joseph's in Cohasset on the ocean (just south of Boston). Medway etc. Praying
Jul 13 new
Will Whitey be invied?
Jul 13 new
Sounds to me like you've got a quorum. Name a date.
Jul 13 new
(quote) Brian-252799 said: Will Whitey be invied?
We pay him to be invited! wink
Jul 13 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: No, it wouldn't. in fact, it may well be a violation of canon law:

Can. 932 1 The eucharistic celebration is to be carried out in a sacred place, unless in a particular case necessity requires otherwise; in which case the celebration must be in a fitting place.

2 The eucharistic Sacrifice must be carried out at an altar that is dedicated or blessed. Outside a sacred place an appropriate table may be used, but always with an altar cloth and a corporal.

The question, then, is what is the necessity of having such a Mass outdoors? In the Boston area there are many churches nearby, and it seems unlikely the group would be so large they could not be accommodated in one of them.

My daughter and I attended:
www.thebostonpilot.com
With an outdoor Mass with Archbishop Sen OMalley (2005). There were lots of people.

Posts 11 - 20 of 30