Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Sandra-871852 said: My daughter and I attended:
http://www.thebostonpilot.com/article.asp?ID=1680
With an outdoor Mass with Archbishop Sen OMalley (2005). There were lots of people.

The article doesn't provide a lot of specific information about the event, but it appears to fall into the category of something that would be difficult, if not impossible, to accommodate in a church due to the size and the nature of the event.
Jul 13th 2013 new
There were a large crowd attending at the Marist House in Framingham. Probably too many for Mass to be held in Church.
Adoration was outdoors in a somewhat closed-off area and reconciliation in a fields with a long line waitiing for confessions. There were Marists patrolling the area for infiltrators. wink The event probably got permission for an outdoor Mass. It was nice but the first that I ever outdoors. I don't think we are going to be this big of a group.
I always thought priest could say Mass anywhere? Interesting.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Ha! I am a vegetarian also:) But I'll bring a garden burger...

Jul 13th 2013 new
Our priest is a Canonical Lawyer...I'll run this by him tomorrow.

How does the 2nd weekend in August, August 10 work for everyone?

Deb
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Deb-926847 said: Ha! I am a vegetarian also:) But I'll bring a garden burger...

I had to laugh, because I bring my own to bbq (in my pocket) and just get the bun. Or eat everything but... smile

Aug 25th 2013 new
Me, too!
Aug 25th 2013 new
That posting was SUPPOSED to quote somebody else who said they'd like to go to a Boston meet-up.
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Deb-926847 said: Our priest is a Canonical Lawyer...I'll run this by him tomorrow.

How does the 2nd weekend in August, August 10 work for everyone?

Deb

So did I miss it?
Aug 28th 2013 new
Deb,

Why not support something like the Walk for Life at Boston Common with an arrangement for a CM Meetup following the March? This way CM members who might like to Walk for Life can do so and everybody can meet near one of the statues on the Duck Pond in the Public Gardens afterward.

Sep 2nd 2013 new
Outdoors are celebrated when properly set up, however the group could attend mass at church, then meet up.
Posts 21 - 30 of 30