Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 12 new
I've only been on CM about a month, what I generally notice when read the profiles in our age group 40+ and above,when get to driving and relocating section, most people are pretty set in there ways and have place of residing. Usually both own homes and working full time. I know the employment picture is not good, so to give up a good paying job and move can be a risky factor. My job is very hard obtain or replace, so there lies the problem. I can retire in 5 years, but until then?????
Jul 12 new
I think you meant "Mr. Humble".
Jul 13 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: Yes Monica, the search can be tiring.

Still, I try to keep in mind Catholic Match offers several candidates a week, and it's my decision to follow through or not. Most often, I do not. I am sure they are all good and fine and loving people. But if the profile photo and profile responses are not your cup of tea, then who can gainsay you? I believe that is all a part of online matching. Is that your experience?

It is difficult, but I say don't give up on the site. I try to think of it as only one of many ways to meet good people.

And while I continue to go to events and to meet people, I remain a subscriber. Who can know? Very best, Doug.
The search is very tiring and yet if we find love - the wait was worth it. It's all in God's time and if joining CM helps
then that is worth it too.
It helps if someone your interested in - is interested in you too. Unfortunatey that isn't the case most often.
Jul 13 new
I agree.I have seen a couple that may be interesting ;but no response.Oh well if God wants it or maybe he has other plans for me .I had a wonderful husband & marriage(53 yrs).Coul I be so fortunate again?
Jul 14 new
(quote) Timothy-296611 said: People have been making their acquaintances and falling in love far longer than our technologically comfortable culture would have you believe-perhaps more so. It takes greater sincerity and responsibility to approach someone you see at Mass every Sunday for coffee than it does to send an emotigram to someone three thousand miles away.
But therein lies the rub, I believe. It is no less an honor to receive countless small gifts than it is to receive the largest gift under the tree. I choose not to equate my joy with the one person who is intended to be all to me and value instead the stranger who shares a smile, the patron who welcomes you back after vacation, the colleague who discusses their struggles with faith over lunch. These are the joys which open themselves up to us when we open ourselves up to them.
And yes-the occasionally unexpected emotigram from someone three thousand miles away.
Timothy, your reply to this topic is beautiful!
It is kind of like when you go on vacation. If you only concentrate on the destination you miss out on the journey. I once was traveling alone and was determined to focus on my journey. It would have been a terrible trip if I had thought about all of the traffic delays, etc. as an inconvenience, but instead I took the opportunity to take each moment as a gift from God and met many nice people along the way and experienced many joys that I would have missed otherwise.
I get discouraged and want to just give up my search sometimes and then I remember that it is all in God's time. So I then put my energies into being the best spouse I can be for Christ, until and if he brings me another spouse. God bless you all in your search!
Jul 14 new
finally someone who gets it
Jul 14 new
(quote) Karen-986316 said: finally someone who gets it
Karen, Welcome to Catholic Match! Post early and often. Yes, many of us "get it." That is why we are here.
Jul 14 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: it seems many people spend an unhealthy amount of time online rather than out doing things they enjoy and actively engaging others. Focusing too hard on only one thing, even though it may be important in your life, you could possibly miss other opportunities that could eventually lead to finding that significant other.
Excellent point, Dave.
Jul 15 new
(quote) Monica-291280 said: I hear from my friends ( the married ones, who havent been single in about 40 years) that when I stop looking, I will find someone when I least expect to. Cynic that I am, I wonder how a married person would know this, or remember this from 40 years ago. I think they are repeating something their mother told them way back when.

But like so many posters in 45+ and others, I find the search is tiring and I am thinking of sliding my chair away from the computer and just living life. Anyone have a story where 2 people meet each other just in the course of their daily lives and
I've heard the same thing at times. However, when would I less expect to find someone than when I spent several days in a coma? Well, if somebody happened to come around during that time, he didn't come back when I woke up :( Maybe it's true in a lot of cases, but it's not true all the time.
Jul 15 new
(quote) Wendi-3469 said: I've heard the same thing at times. However, when would I less expect to find someone than when I spent several days in a coma? Well, if somebody happened to come around during that time, he didn't come back when I woke up :( Maybe it's true in a lot of cases, but it's not true all the time.
My sister says that to me all the time. I guess I'll find her when I am in the bathroom, taking a shower or otherwise indisposed.
Posts 41 - 50 of 51