Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Ben-1081622 said: I'm not really having trouble finding women around my age range or even within my age range in my area at all. For me the issue is more, finding Catholic women who share at least some of my interests. I'm not a very active, outdoorsy person, and it seems that all the women on this site from Minnesota and the Dakotas are (no offense to them) almost identical. They're all really active, outdoorsy women who work out every day and go hunting/camping/fishing all the time, love dogs (and likely have at least one) and country music, and are largely nursing students, usually at one of the colleges in the area. I am sure they are wonderful girls, and they do deserve to find a man who will be who they're looking for, but I don't think I'm that man, as they are about the opposite of who I'm looking for. I would likely bore them because we wouldn't likely enjoy the same activities, I've had a long-standing fear of dogs since I was a child (that actually once cost me a job that I could have made a career if it wasn't for the dogs), and we largely don't have the same taste in movies/music/books, etc. Those rare women I find who do have something in common (of value, outside faith) with me, or who I do think I would be compatible with, and who happen to live in my area just about never respond to my messages. That's where I'm having difficulties.
Do a study abroad in a country like Poland. I was over there a few months ago. I saw many attractive young women, many if not most of whom wear feminine-looking clothes. They go to church, too.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: Do a study abroad in a country like Poland. I was over there a few months ago. I saw many attractive young women, many if not most of whom wear feminine-looking clothes. They go to church, too.
?

(Also, I've been abroad long-term twice. Had difficulties there too. The local girls were largely uninterested in foreigners.)
Aug 4th 2014 new
(quote) Allison-971960 said: You want a topic? How about young adult groups that are made of mostly 19-21 yo's? lol. I was fun when I was 20 and thought I was all grown up, but who was I kidding? And I don't want to hang out with a bunch of 20yos now that I'm almost 30 :)
I agree with a 19-early 20's group!! I don't find many people in general around my age. It's like I am the baby on here and everyone is "grown up". I go in the chat room most evenings, and I am the youngest member with usually someone who is 20 and 22 as the closest in age.
Aug 17th 2014 new
With you on that one, Ben. I am an artsy philosophical kind of guy, so I'm not inclined to think that athletes or women raised in military families would put up with me! I'm working on becoming more practical and exercising more, but athlete have really high standards of fitness. However, I'm really wondering if all of us on CM should be more willing to make a less-compatible marriage work than waiting around forever for the "right one". I don't think I'd like to be in an arranged marriage, such as one in the Middle Ages, but at least they got married. It just took a lot of work, and in today's culture of materialism and convenience, I don't know how far we're willing to bend in the compatibility issue.
Aug 17th 2014 new
(quote) Ben-1081622 said: I'm not really having trouble finding women around my age range or even within my age range in my area at all. For me the issue is more, finding Catholic women who share at least some of my interests. I'm not a very active, outdoorsy person, and it seems that all the women on this site from Minnesota and the Dakotas are (no offense to them) almost identical. They're all really active, outdoorsy women who work out every day and go hunting/camping/fishing all the time, love dogs (and likely have at least one) and country music, and are largely nursing students, usually at one of the colleges in the area. I am sure they are wonderful girls, and they do deserve to find a man who will be who they're looking for, but I don't think I'm that man, as they are about the opposite of who I'm looking for. I would likely bore them because we wouldn't likely enjoy the same activities, I've had a long-standing fear of dogs since I was a child (that actually once cost me a job that I could have made a career if it wasn't for the dogs), and we largely don't have the same taste in movies/music/books, etc. Those rare women I find who do have something in common (of value, outside faith) with me, or who I do think I would be compatible with, and who happen to live in my area just about never respond to my messages. That's where I'm having difficulties.
Oops! I guess I should have quoted your reply. Forgive me, this is actually the first online forum I have ever been on in my life.
Aug 21st 2014 new
Hey Joseph, I do not meet the age requirement. I originally looked in to cause mischief as my agenda but thinking it upon I thought would share a little wisdom since as you will note from my number I have been here a while. I was your age when I started on the site. You should get to know all ages. These ladies and gents may have lovely ladies in their fams your age and it is not wise to isolate us. Just sayin

pirate
Aug 22nd 2014 new
Hello! ;) Good luck on your search!
Aug 22nd 2014 new
Eh, No, I every other age group has their own group. I am full of mischief and if you have kids that are old enough to date then I will find them on my own. I rarely ask for anyone's help. I am a go getter and I have plenty of options. Besides hahahahahahaha even though I am on this site, I wonder if I should be allowed with as much trouble as I cause. I am far from being innocent or gentle. LOL and 90% of the ladies here can't hold a candle to me. I am really hoping for the 1 in nillion odds here. In God we trust, right?
Aug 22nd 2014 new
Hello yourself ... lol but you might wanna read my last post!
Aug 28th new
ya i totally understand about not finding people your own age, so here is a HOWDY for ya :)
Posts 81 - 90 of 90