Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 12 new
(quote) Lois-880877 said: One guy that I didn't count mentioned allergies. All the rest just said dogs get in the way and a lot of other not so nice things about animals being more trouble than they are worth. Also told this is a reason I can't get a date.
Oh man--I am speechless. Just speechless. That is pitiful. You can't get a date because you love your pets? Who wants a date like that? So sorry you were treated that way.
Jun 12 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: On a side note, I grew up with dobermans. I'd LOVE to get one, or two. But because of time and space, cannot. But maybe someday.....
I grew up with Dobermans too. They are great dogs & make wonderful family pets. I typically always have two but am currently down to just one (but do have another cattle dog / bull dog mix).

There are plenty of men out there that love animals/dogs too... keep searching; frankly these men aren't worth your time if you're that far apart on the ownership of animals.
Jun 12 new
This man sounds very possessive. This is not good for many. Could he be jealous of the dogs?
I have 2 lovely English Springers. Dogs and me, or me and my dogs......
Jun 12 new
My 9-1/2 yr old 12 pound domestic short haired "Tuxedo" kitty has been the "man" in my life for 5 yrs. When I separated from my former husband he kept "custody" of the dog and I kept the cat! People have had companion animals throughout history. I understand if there is an allergy, but otherwise my kitty is my family, part of me! There are many great pictures of men with their pets, start perusing the profile pictures. If you can't find any let me know and I will tell you some that I have seen!
Jun 12 new
Absolutely! Any man who doesn't love animals is not worth anything. If a man has no love of animals, will he be able to love humans? I would consider it a definite plus if a man has a dog or at least would like to have one at some point in time. Any man who loves animals has already demonstrated what he is made of.
Jun 12 new
(quote) Lois-880877 said: For the third time I was told by a man on Catholic Match that men are not interested in women who have animals. They cause too many complications. I was told by one man no one in his right mind would date a woman who owns two old "large" dogs. Aren't there any Catholic men who like animals? I find these reactions very strange. What is wrong with loving an animal? I actually wouldn't want to go out with someone who doesn't like animals. Any people who feel like I do?
Whoa, I've never run into someone like that. I love animals (more so cats but dogs are awesome, too) and I think its almost a requirement for me that someone I intend to date should either like animals or at least be open to having a pet (or two).
Jun 12 new
Hi Lois, as one who still hopes to have a Newfie and a Pyrenees someday, I'm glad to hear of others who appreciate the large dogs.

While there can be allergy, space, time, vet access, etc considerations which keep folks from having pets, I hope the attitude that man displayed is not representative of the majority of C M men.

I'm always interested in watching people's reactions with kids and pets.... , and the kids and pets reactions to individual people.

After years of umpteen pets of all kinds, it seems strange to hear pets listed as a social liability. Those who don't like your furry friends prolly won't match well in other things also. I'm sure there are C M men who appreciate pets. Bonne Chance !
Jun 12 new
(quote) Lois-880877 said: For the third time I was told by a man on Catholic Match that men are not interested in women who have animals. They cause too many complications. I was told by one man no one in his right mind would date a woman who owns two old "large" dogs. Aren't there any Catholic men who like animals? I find these reactions very strange. What is wrong with loving an animal? I actually wouldn't want to go out with someone who doesn't like animals. Any people who feel like I do?
Maybe the dogs are too much competition laughing

From that statement I would take it that these men want you to be spontaneous and maybe they perceive the dogs would interfere with that. But for them to make a blanket statement that "Catholic Match men are not interested in women who have animals" is a little presumptuous. How can they speak for all "Catholic Match" men?

Hello CM Men? Is this true?
Jun 12 new
Its a proven fact, people who have pets live longer and are healthier. biggrin and no matter what kind of a day your having you will always come home to a happy face and a wagging tail !
Jun 13 new
I think this guy's comments fall under the bellybutton rule. One man's opinion. I don't think you can make general rules like that.

That said...I don't want to compete with a man's dog for his attention and affection. Been there, done that, it wasn't a lot of fun.
Posts 11 - 20 of 20