Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 24 new
In one of my cousins family there are 2 women and 4 men. All have a name that begin with the letter D. They are Debbie, Diane, Dale, Dennis, and David & Danny

Dennis married a Debbie
Dale has a son named Dan
Danny had a girlfriend by the name of Debbie
Diane's son is named Dan

in another family of cousins they were named Malinda, Katherine, Danny & Howard
Danny named one of his sons, Peyton after Peyton Manning one of the best football players ever. His son played football as a youth.

I named my daughter Melinda Catherine, not after my two cousins although to this day they like to think it's so. My great great grandmothers name was Melinda and my ex husbands great great grandmothers name was Catherine. This idea worked for us since we couldn't agree on a name for her.

My ex husbands name is Joel David. My ex boyfriends name is David Denis. There were many similiarities and it didn't help having the same names in there. when in an argument I'd often call David, joel. He'd laugh then we'd move on. Eventually, he started to realize what Joel was like to live with. He wanted to meet Joel but we hadn't had any communication for 20 years. at 30 yrs. of time gone by, we spoke on the phone and exchanged a few emails. I even spoke to his wife. I found out that we think the same way. (so, he married me all over again she just has a different name). This came about from a crisis my daughter was going through. Looking thru the hour glass, nothing has changed in my opinion of Joel. He's the same as he was, why did I think he would change. goes back to the saying of we cannot change people, or people do not change into someone they are not.

I have another cousin named Julia. She was named after her Aunt Julia.

Jun 24 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: In one of my cousins family there are 2 women and 4 men. All have a name that begin with the letter D. They are Debbie, Diane, Dale, Dennis, and David & Danny

Dennis married a Debbie
Dale has a son named Dan
Danny had a girlfriend by the name of Debbie
Diane's son is named Dan

in another family of cousins they were named Malinda, Katherine, Danny & Howard
Danny named one of his sons, Peyton after Peyton Manning one of the best football players ever. His son played football as a youth.

I named my daughter Melinda Catherine, not after my two cousins although to this day they like to think it's so. My great great grandmothers name was Melinda and my ex husbands great great grandmothers name was Catherine. This idea worked for us since we couldn't agree on a name for her.

My ex husbands name is Joel David. My ex boyfriends name is David Denis. There were many similiarities and it didn't help having the same names in there. when in an argument I'd often call David, joel. He'd laugh then we'd move on. Eventually, he started to realize what Joel was like to live with. He wanted to meet Joel but we hadn't had any communication for 20 years. at 30 yrs. of time gone by, we spoke on the phone and exchanged a few emails. I even spoke to his wife. I found out that we think the same way. (so, he married me all over again she just has a different name). This came about from a crisis my daughter was going through. Looking thru the hour glass, nothing has changed in my opinion of Joel. He's the same as he was, why did I think he would change. goes back to the saying of we cannot change people, or people do not change into someone they are not.

I have another cousin named Julia. She was named after her Aunt Julia.

after signing out, I was thinking of this post when I remembered that Danny, Howard and I share the same birthdays. My cousin, Julia (aunt julia in my post) has a son that also shared my birthday. His name was Billy. Howard's nickname was Billy. another point of interest!
Jul 22 new
I guess I'm an odd one out. It doesn't bother me at all, though I can't help to be reminded of the "other" person on occasion. I may be wired a little differently. I don't have a great memory when it comes to names or places. Heck, I never even remembered the names of cars or bands in high school.
But feelings... those I remember well. So when I meet someone, regardless of his name, the feeling I get, is what I remember and what sticks in my head. When I see a message from someone named, James, for instance, I know right away if its the James that made me smile or the James that broke my heart.
Jul 22 new
My sister is named Patricia. Her husband has called her "Maggie" for the last 20 years (they've been married 39). It's short for "Magnificent".
Jul 22 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: My sister is named Patricia. Her husband has called her "Maggie" for the last 20 years (they've been married 39). It's short for "Magnificent".
lovestruck! fluffy heart lovestruck! heart fluffy lovestruck! fluffy heart
Jul 22 new
Tell you something I found interesting. I was listening to (US) National Public Radio (which of course means everything reported is true), where they reported the popularity of names begins first with the well-to-do, and then eventually filters down to the rest of us. Very classed-based, not to say snooty, I know. But again, it's NPR, an unimpeachable source.

So, that is why we get a periodic rush on the "T's" (Tyler, Taylor, Trevor) - or the "J's" (Justin, Jason, Joshua), or the "N's" (Nathan, Nicholas, Nolan), or "L's (Lucas, Logan, Liam), etc.

By the way, my son's name is Nicholas. You know the feeling when you think you've named your child a really interesting, unusual name, and then at the very first parent-teacher meeting at school, you discover there are 17 other children with the same name? Like that.

Just blame the rich folks. I do.

God bless, Doug

Jul 23 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said:
By the way, my son's name is Nicholas. You know the feeling when you think you've named your child a really interesting, unusual name, and then at the very first parent-teacher meeting at school, you discover there are 17 other children with the same name? Like that.
Just blame the rich folks. I do.
God bless, Doug

At my son's wedding, they played a John Denver song about Matthew. I finally danced with my son, my real Matthew, who was the man I hoped he would become. The song talks about how this man always lived with a positive, loving, beauty seeking, attitude!
"Joy was just a thing he was raised on,
Love was just a way to live and die,
Gold was just a windy Kansas wheat field,
Blue was just a Kansas summer sky."
I loved the name because of the song.
it was everything I prayed for my son.
That no matter the strife, have faith solid as stone!
Keep Joy out in front, spread it in every laugh and smile.
Know the Gold in fleeting moments.
Blue sadness can be reframed to become a sky full of dreams.
My son was raised on Joy! And it shows....

Jul 24 new
Let's see... how many do I know of each name? Hardly any. I know people with a variation of the name Mary, being Marie, Maria, Mariae. I don't know many men of the the same name. David, Christian, Louis, Edward... the list goes on and on, but I guess the people I have known in life just so happen to have different names.

Jul 25 new
(quote) Anya-974452 said: Let's see... how many do I know of each name? Hardly any. I know people with a variation of the name Mary, being Marie, Maria, Mariae. I don't know many men of the the same name. David, Christian, Louis, Edward... the list goes on and on, but I guess the people I have known in life just so happen to have different names.

+JMJ+

Probably the most well known man in history named after Mary is Italian-American, Mario Andretti. As a young boy I saw him win the Indy 500 in 1969 and followed his carrier since then.
www.marioandretti.com

Jul 25 new
I haven't seen another "Trish" here yet, but the first guy I started talking to here has the same name as the only guy I was ever engaged too and that was not a happy memory! It's amazing how saying someone's name can bring back a lot of old feelings.
Posts 51 - 60 of 60