Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 13 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Laura: I don't think we voted him in. I am afraid it was all the fraud in the
voting system that got him in. And we know Obama is entirely capable of
fraud and murder too for that matter.
Fraud probably did not get him elected.

The fact that substantially less than 50% of eligible voters actually voted is probably the main cause. IN other words, although he received the majority of votes cast, he still was elected by only about 25% of those eligible to vote.

When that small percentage of eligible voters vote, then even a small amount of fraud can have a major impact.

Remember also that although the percentage of Catholic voters who voted for him was lower than in 2008, he still conned 54% of them, mostly Catholic women, into casting their vote for him.
Jun 13 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: On my topic, Alternatives to Obamacare in STM, the doctor says that doctors
are getting rid of all insurance and cutting their prices in half and accepting cash,
and it has been working for them.

Bureaucracy cost mucho dollars.
Let's not forget, employers of all sizes are hiring fewer full time workers to reduce their costs. The smaller ones so they can stay under the level where it becomes mandatory to provide insurance.

Then, those not covered by employer plans will be required to obtain insurance for them and their families on their own. If they don't, they face enormous fines collected by the IRS.

Unintended consequences, how will those unable to afford to buy insurance be able to pay the fines? In short the law creates a vast pool of law breakers. Law breakers who are otherwise model citizens.
Jun 13 new
I don't believe such a group exists in Canada, but many businesses will give a discount for cash- substantial ones too! (Sadly, some people still flash a debit card and think debit = cash...)
Jun 13 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Laura: I don't think we voted him in. I am afraid it was all the fraud in the
voting system that got him in. And we know Obama is entirely capable of
fraud and murder too for that matter.
Yes, I think he is capable of about anything to be in power. However, if he manipulated the votes, it was still close or it would've been more easily detected. Even in these Catholic forums there were plenty of people that continued to back him or the people that were not going to vote at all. The people that decided not to vote at all were a large help in getting him back in. Also, 98 percent of black voters and a majority of Hispanics (legal and illegal ha) voted for him and they had the help of the Democratic party getting to the voting booths. So, yes, there could've been some voter fraud but the biggest cause for him getting elected was the SILENT conservatives. I can't believe how many staunch opposers of Obama DIDN'T VOTE that I have talked with...shame, shame, shame! I know in my heart that are country would be much better off if Romney was in office right now. He is a decent God fearing MORAL family man with a great business sense. So, hunker down with our religion and guns and we'll have to ride it out:) Christians in the world have always been persecuted, Our Lord told us this would be the way. I guess it's American's Christians turn....
Jun 13 new
Obamacare seems to be a massive corporate giveaway under the cloak of "social justice".
Posts 11 - 15 of 15