Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Jun 13 new
I'm not going to read the article because I saw the headline and thought, "DUH".

Contraception prevents (one way or another) the creation or development of the new life of a new human being.

Contraception also prevents the growth of the life of husband and wife as one unit by placing a barrier (chemical, physical, psychological, emotional) between their giving themselves to each other completely.

So simple, no?
Jun 13 new
Hi B.

Like Marge said: Duh! I won't read the post either, for lack of time.

I think there's also the topic of a man's vasectomy / woman's tube ligation that needs to be addressed sometime.
I had microsurgery to have my pipes cleared up 'cause I couldn't live with the thought that I was shying away from God's plan (yes, the babies and I were in danger every time I got pregnant, and I have at least 5 babies interceding in Heaven). Even those in the Church supported my ex's decision. At that time, I was a wreck and went along. One day I said "Enough". From then on, it was the beginning of the end of that marriage.

I did explain in a long email to a former CM widower that if he had a vasectomy (and obviously I was not judging!!!), any future marriage would simply not be Sacramental. It was my duty as a Catholic to explain the reasons, since I new the sufferings well. Nop, I'm not his "Spiritual Guide" anymore!!! Go figure!

So, keep posting on the Church's teaching. You are NOT preaching to the Choir. Someone may be in dire need of the straightforward info you you post.

May San Antonio de Padua, Doctor de la Iglesia, guide you,
Mari
Jun 13 new
(quote) Mari-894290 said: Hi B.

Like Marge said: Duh! I won't read the post either, for lack of time.

I think there's also the topic of a man's vasectomy / woman's tube ligation that needs to be addressed sometime.
I had microsurgery to have my pipes cleared up 'cause I couldn't live with the thought that I was shying away from God's plan (yes, the babies and I were in danger every time I got pregnant, and I have at least 5 babies interceding in Heaven). Even those in the Church supported my ex's decision. At that time, I was a wreck and went along. One day I said "Enough". From then on, it was the beginning of the end of that marriage.

I did explain in a long email to a former CM widower that if he had a vasectomy (and obviously I was not judging!!!), any future marriage would simply not be Sacramental. It was my duty as a Catholic to explain the reasons, since I new the sufferings well. Nop, I'm not his "Spiritual Guide" anymore!!! Go figure!

So, keep posting on the Church's teaching. You are NOT preaching to the Choir. Someone may be in dire need of the straightforward info you you post.

May San Antonio de Padua, Doctor de la Iglesia, guide you,
Mari
Thanks Mari, keep preaching the devastating effects on a marriage from surgical procedures to prohibit conception. I have seen it happen numerous times. Any attempts at preventing conception is an antilife act.
Jun 13 new
hug hug hug
Thanks, Joan
Jun 14 new
(quote) Mari-894290 said: So, keep posting on the Church's teaching. You are NOT preaching to the Choir. Someone may be in dire need of the straightforward info you you post.
Thanks for saying this.
My apologies to one and all if my earlier comment seemed harsh or flippant. I know the OP only posts good stuff...it's just that...sometimes it's not news to some of us. But as Mari points out, it may be news to at least one reader.
rose
Jun 14 new
Dear Marge:

Here's a sarcastic (although true) comment: How many hits does this kind of posts get?

I don't think you were singing out of tune. If anyone did, here's what I think (Like people post in FB):
"Those that care don't matter, (care as in get offended)
Those that matter don't care" (as in "we're in the same wavelength)

Have a great weekend. Keep spreading your common sense, which I think is one of the best qualities to have!

hug Mari
Sep 16 new
not on topic but what about all the neglected foster kids, who never get adopted.

I pray daily for all orphans also.
Posts 1 - 8 of 8