Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: the laws of Catholic Match (which ironically, do not include people who are still married in the eyes of the Church not being permitted to have memberships, etc.).

Those who are divorced and not free to marry in the Church, while they are permitted to have CM memberships, are not permitted to use the dating related function on the site (e.g., Matching). This policy affords them the opportunity to use CM for platonic friendships, support, and learning more about the faith.

Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: ...private messages have been indicating that I ought to remove my profile since I am in a relationship ....
How absurd. "Relationship" means nothing if you are still in the process of discernment.

Very sorry for your disappointment, hoping you will stay the course. There ARE many fine men here.
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: How absurd. "Relationship" means nothing if you are still in the process of discernment.

Very sorry for your disappointment, hoping you will stay the course. There ARE many fine men here.
Actually, I am not in a relationship and wouldn't be here if was unless I was just wrapping up friendships (of the same sex) or letting guys who were interested know that I was off the market. He assumed that I was because perhaps it as fairly recent that I had stated in the forums that I was.


Jun 15th 2013 new
I am faint confused!
Jun 15th 2013 new
Lynea, I am very sorry to hear that you are leaving. May God bless and Our Lady keep you. They have your back about standing your moral high ground, as well as, I would like to hope, a majority of us on here. I hope you find a gentleman who will not only respect your morals, but share them, as well. hug theheart
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Those who are divorced and not free to marry in the Church, while they are permitted to have CM memberships, are not permitted to use the dating related function on the site (e.g., Matching). This policy affords them the opportunity to use CM for platonic friendships, support, and learning more about the faith.

Thank-you for explaining this Jerry, it is good to know as it wasn't apparent to some of us who are able to date and disconcerted by advances from some who are not annulled.
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Let me further explain, the private messages have been indicating that I ought to remove my profile since I am in a relationship (they must of read that from one of my forum posts in April).

I never cheat. We left our profiles online to announce our engagement, which instead, I am announcing it didn't work.
Man, that just plain sucks.

I'm sorry you went through that. I can't imagine what it'd be like to get engaged and then have it called off. And now, to add insult to injury, people are rashly assuming you're cheating by being on here.

That is not fair, and I for one hope it stops.

Whether you stay or go, I will be including you in my intentions as I pray tonight.

Peace and grace.
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Those who are divorced and not free to marry in the Church, while they are permitted to have CM memberships, are not permitted to use the dating related function on the site (e.g., Matching). This policy affords them the opportunity to use CM for platonic friendships, support, and learning more about the faith.

Wow. I did not know this. Oh my.
This is not for the faint of heart is it....

Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Lynea, I am very sorry to hear that you are leaving. May God bless and Our Lady keep you. They have your back about standing your moral high ground, as well as, I would like to hope, a majority of us on here. I hope you find a gentleman who will not only respect your morals, but share them, as well.
Lynea, I am sorry you are leaving as well and wish you would reconsider. I really do. May God Bless You in all you do. I hope you will come back or stay on. rose Praying Marian
Posts 11 - 19 of 19