Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-917143 said: Why, is there something special goin' on there? :P

Yes..Both Portugal and Argentina are having conferences to discuss the effects of cigarette smoking on ""Globsl Warming ""...pretty intense stuff....
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Rosita thinks I'm still """Smokin"""""!!! Oh Boy,,Oh Boy,,Oh Boy,,!!!!
Is this a great country or What !!??

Kenny is smokin' hot-hot-hot!!?

...More proof of global warming... tongue rolling eyes wink
Jun 15th 2013 new
Would have to say yes on that. I know people that smoke and I am just not a fan.
Jun 15th 2013 new
My dad passed away from health complications related to his 40+ years of smoking. I'll spare everyone the details.
I'm not a big fan of smoking, obviously.

Still, when I was young and immortal, I dated a gal who was a smoker. Didn't really understand the addictive nature of the things. Wasted a lot of time encouraging her to quit. **shrug**
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the past, but I'm new so I use my newness amnesty on that....And there may be other new members viewing too....

If someone is a smoker does that eliminate them from your potential Sweetheart list ??

I saw one woman's profile and she stated that she was a non smoker and then one
of her profile photos had her with a cigarette in her hand.
Some people say that they smoke only occassionally.....What does that mean ????

I personally would find it very difficult to accept a smoker...
How about you ?????????

Yes.It is a very unhealthy habit.
Jun 15th 2013 new
Wondering if we have any smokers here and how they feel?

I have not smoked in MANY years ( I briefly did for a couple years, back in my early 20s.) But still, after all these years, if I ve been out for a nice dinner and I get a hint of cigarette smoke as I leave a restaurant, it smells good to me. My neighbor was laughing at himself, he took his wife out for her birthday, and as they were enjoying dessert and coffee, he felt in his pocket for his cigarettes. She noticed him patting his shirt and asked him what was wrong, and he had to admit he was feeling for his pack of cigarettes...She laughed, "Honey, you quit 30 years ago!"

My point is that it must be so hard to quit.. prayers for those who are trying. Not only is it unhealthy for the smoker, but a turn off to many for good reasons.
Jun 15th 2013 new
It is hard to quit... but I keep trying and maybe this time will be for good. Thanks Monica!
rose wave
Jun 15th 2013 new
I grew up in a house of smokers. My Mom is struggling with COPD now from all of her years of smoking. The secondhand smoke in our house especially during the winter was bad. Trying to quit is very hard because of the addictive nature of the nicotine in the cigarettes. But it can be done!!
Jun 15th 2013 new
My husband was a smoker when we married but he gave up smoking after we married, yet the it had already impacted on him and 21 years later he died of lung cancer.
For me a smoker is a "no" .

faint
Jun 15th 2013 new
France; I have been told that France is the smoking section of the planet.
Posts 41 - 50 of 75